besting the ZL1?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
WOW!!! Good catch Florian!!!

Way to go GM, way to piss Ford off!!!

This one looks to be a German produced 2013 GT500. There are no Michigan manufacturer plates on it. It is actually registered in Germany. Who knows how long it has been here...

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Hopefully they are just testing, so we don't have to open up that can of worms again on the legitimacy of 'ring times. It'll save us from 50 pages of useless forum banter.

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
It's already been reported that the track pack deletes the fog lights.

No the track pack does not. It was a mistake and fixed on the Ford website.

Looking with the pics I'm glad I didn't go with black stripes. Doesn't look as good as I thought. I would have went stripe delete if white wasn't an option.

Last edited:

GarageLogic

Established Member
I hope that, even if they do beat he ZL1's time, they don't make a big deal about it. If they do post a better time, I can only hope that the GT500 owners/fans only point out the fact that the GT500 beat the ZL1, not that having a better 'Ring time makes the GT500 any better than we already know it is. If GT500 fans boast too much about it, the ZL1 fans then simply say GT500 fans will have finally admitted that the 'Ring it is a valid test of a cars overall performance after spending months stating that it really means little to anyone other than people looking for bragging rights.

I can hear it now, if the GT500 beats the ZL1's time, ZL1 fans will say the Ford had to take the GT500 there twice just to beat ZL1. :rolleyes: Then they will say whatever time the Shelby puts down won't count until the ZL1 goes a second time.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
After all the crap we've endured from the GM camp over the past few months, can you blame any Ford faithful for wishing it were true? Wishful thinking, I know, but I'm going to enjoy this moment.

Somethin's up.

Camera cut in just below the left stripe? Brake ducting riveted into place in the fog light openings?

zzzzzzzzz2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-at-Nurburgring-front-view-MTz.jpg

Rear camera?

zzzzzzzz2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-at-Nurburgring-rear-view-MT.jpg

As mentioned, Ford is using cross drilled rotors (again) along with ducting?

zzzzzzzz2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-at-Nurburgring-side-view-MTl.jpg

Does that look like full tread out back?

zzzzzzzz2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-at-Nurburgring-side-view-MTlh.jpg

Are those Recaro Pro Racer Hans seats?
RECARO: Pro Racer HANS®

zzzzzzzz2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-at-Nurburgring-side-view-MT.jpg

Much more serious seating than the factory slip-n-slide Recaro's Ford used when testing earlier...

11-gt500-spy-shots.jpg

Ford could've probably stayed at home and tested (Vehicle Testing - Test Professionals - Automotive Testing (Vehicle Testing Services)) but for whatever reason, they went back.

I hope they absolutely kick(ed) ass.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I hope that, even if they do beat he ZL1's time, they don't make a big deal about it. If they do post a better time, I can only hope that the GT500 owners/fans only point out the fact that the GT500 beat the ZL1, not that having a better 'Ring time makes the GT500 any better than we already know it is. If GT500 fans boast too much about it, the ZL1 fans then simply say GT500 fans will have finally admitted that the 'Ring it is a valid test of a cars overall performance after spending months stating that it really means little to anyone other than people looking for bragging rights.

I can hear it now, if the GT500 beats the ZL1's time, ZL1 fans will say the Ford had to take the GT500 there twice just to beat ZL1. :rolleyes: Then they will say whatever time the Shelby puts down won't count until the ZL1 goes a second time.

yea, I agree. even if they did beat them it reallys means nothing more than bragging rights, but it is not indicative of what the majority of the cars and owners will encounter over in the real world. I think the ZL1 is a great car, could be better though. Its the best looking 5th gen, but my problem lies with the company and its fan boys.

either way I just want my car and want to enjoy it...the bench racing and pissing contests will go by the wayside

Tob as always great zoom and break down. Obviously that car has something going on in those bumpers, the rotors, are those what we will get?? the seats obviously are for racing and testing purposes since it has a cage and yea those tires have been through their paces already...it really does make you wonder why they are there this late in the game when cars are already being built....:shrug:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Diameter-wise, yes. Thankfully, the cross-drilling isn't in the mix for the '13.

IOMZL1

Established Member

Or if a time is never released they will assume it didn't beat the ZL1. Tough crowd, but then the GT500 crowd made its bed long ago on this topic.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Or if a time is never released they will assume it didn't beat the ZL1. Tough crowd, but then the GT500 crowd made its bed long ago on this topic.

I won't care how it performs at the Ring.

That's NOT how either car is going to be used in America. Sorry, it's true. It's a street/drag car, with the ability to have fun on a weekend extended session road course outing.

Period!

Users who are viewing this thread