best x pipe for flows

cadde300

Established Member
I'm buying an 01 cobra this weekend if all goes well. I have heard many clips, exhaust wise but have never owned a 4v stang. I am going with the ol flows, please don't bash me. I have heard upr pipes with this combo and also bassani. Both sound amazing. But what other options do I have and what sounds the best. I don't want raspy, so mac and bbk are out of the question. All sound clips are welcome as well. thanks guys

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
I have BBK and I hate it, too raspy. If weather is good this weekend, hopefully swapping for O/R h-pipe. From what I've gathered, X-pipe with flows (chambered muffler) tends to be raspy on almost all combinations.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
I had Hooker Long Tubes and their matching off road X with Flows and it sounded badass. I think the long tubes mellowed out the raspiness that most people come to hate. It was deep, throaty, non-burbly, and sounded like NASCAR. For what its worth, I hear Dr. Gas makes the best X pipe.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
in general an x-pipe with a flowmaster cat-back is going to be extremely raspy. If you're set of an x-pipe and flowmaster combo, i'd do a catted x-pipe it should help with the raspiness.

Users who are viewing this thread