Best wheel cleaner and protectant?

Allan Byrd

Established Member
All opinions welcome.
What is the best wheel cleaner and the best protectant. I am sure, one will shine better than the other, the other one might protect better than that one. So please list the reasons why you think it is the best, cleaner, and why you think it is the best protectant. Ordered a set of True Forged about a week ago. Just thought I would get a jump start on trying to take care of them. Thanks

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
best cleaner for aluminum is soap and water, you want to keep a nice coat of wax/sealant on them so that is all you need to clean them.

check out rejex or shine seal

have had great success with rejex on my ccw's and heard good things of the latter.

and get a ceramic low dust brake pad

Palmer

Established Member
Soap and water works fine. That's all I use and just keep sealant on the wheels.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Which TF wheels? Those are awesome.

Yeah..soap and water, but Adam's Deep wheel cleaner or Sonax Full effects wheel cleaner are similar stuff that work great to remove brake dust (in between all the tight spaces) and are safe on all wheel surfaces.
RC

Allan Byrd

Established Member
Thanks,
Has anyone ever tried Opti-Coat on the wheels? Just curious if it would be wise to put that product on wheels. Thanks for the info guys.

Allan Byrd

Established Member
Which TF wheels? Those are awesome.

Yeah..soap and water, but Adam's Deep wheel cleaner or Sonax Full effects wheel cleaner are similar stuff that work great to remove brake dust (in between all the tight spaces) and are safe on all wheel surfaces.
RC

I went with the Super Sports with brushed centers and polished lips, sealed with a clear coat. Yes, TF wheels are great looking. Had a hard time making my mind up which ones I wanted

RC-5.0

Established Member
I went with the Super Sports with brushed centers and polished lips, sealed with a clear coat. Yes, TF wheels are great looking. Had a hard time making my mind up which ones I wanted

Im looking at the Victories myself. The SS's you got look nice but look like a PITA to keep clean. Get some pics up when they're on.
RC

POPPAJ

Established Member
Thanks,
Has anyone ever tried Opti-Coat on the wheels? Just curious if it would be wise to put that product on wheels. Thanks for the info guys.

Great product for wheels, soap and water cleanup is all you'll need. Several other coatings available too. Might want to check out the forums at Autogeek.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Soap and water be prepared to remove wheel to clean the barrell, unless your not anal about cleanliness.

For the polished area Steve sells the Shine Seal kit. Go with that do not use any harsh sprays to clean your tires as the polished lip your getting will stain.

Use the shine seal kit. I have my TF wheels in the sig below, but had polished Mach 5's at one point. I now use JETSEAL to protect my Chrome lip.

Allan Byrd

Established Member
Thanks again for the info. AIRASSAULT, I will write Steve and tell him to include a Shine seal kit with it. Thanks

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I use Sonax Wheel cleaner and Adams Deep wheel cleaner. Nearly identical products but both clean very well and strip and wax/sealant.

For protection, I use G-Techniq Wheel Armor (Very pricey but you are able to get at least 10-12 wheels with a small bottle) and the protection is supposed to last a very long time. Almost like a nano-coating if you will.

Electrokid

Established Member
I love using Sonax for any wheels with lots of brake dust (anything with brembo) but for general purpose cleaning CG Diablo is my go-to

Allan Byrd

Established Member
The Sonax does work really well. I haven't gotten the TF wheels just yet. But I tried it out on my stock wheels. Makes cleaning really easy. I also tried some wheel cleaner from Optimum. Just my opinion, but I believe I like it better than the Sonax. But it is a little more pricey. Adds a really clean looking shine when finished.

03ct cobra

Established Member
I just tried thr one from wolfs chemicals. its their new wheel cleaner and protectant. ive used quite a few wheel cleaners and I must say im impressed with how well it works. as soon as ur done cleaning the wheels and go to rinse them off u instantly notice a shine and sheeting action that ive never seen with any others ive used including the one from soax. the priceis on par with others ive used as well. like I saidive only used it now a few times but dont plan on using anything else from now on to do my wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread