Best WET NOS kit for Cobra

Bk_Breaker_SVT

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I am looking into running Wet NOS kit and I was just looking for advice. What are some good kits out there and where can I get them. I have a '99 Cobra. I am having problems finding sites that sell Wet Kits.

Thanks,

kwiksnake

Established Member
Getthat new Holley NOS kit. It is expensive (about 1600) but the NOS nozzles plug in to the intake underneath the fuel injectors. Really nice set up. Check out the Holley/NOS webite.

Latham99

Established Member
Maybe my eyes are going bad, but I don't see anything about a wet kit on the Ford EFI page. I did find this under "Dry vs. Wet Tech"..

Because modern fuel injection intakes are designed to flow air only, they have tighter turns and a more compact design as a result. Thus, they generally do not make good candidates for wet flow nitrous systems.

I disagree with this statement of course, but to each his own. I guess the term "pot calling the kettle black" comes into effect here huh?
:-D

Last edited:

Bk_Breaker_SVT

Established Member
Man, there is so much to think about.....:uh oh:

I wish I didn't have such a need for speed. At first I din't even think I was going to run Nitrous. I just figured I'd wait a year to get the SC or the new '03. But I know i can't wait. I figured with all the other limited parts that are out there for my '99, that I would only have a couple kits to choose from.......:eek:

Some many things to think about. i had some guys try to talk me out of a dry kit because of problems with dirty injectors, but who knows...i guess that could have just been one persons experience....

Sorry to vent on you guys. All your advice really helps though.

Thanks a lot :)

Any suggestions for either Wet are Dry would be helpful.

Bk_Breaker_SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Latham99
Using a wet-style nitrous system, circumvents many of the fuel-delivery related problems associated with our returnless-style (99+ Mustangs) fuel systems..

It all boils down to what you feel comfortable with, but personally I've had a very good experience with Nitrous Express' Stage 1 EFI wet kit.

Most people have been recomending the Nitrous Express kit. That's what I was looking at in the first place. Thanks.

Latham99

Established Member
Nitrous Express rates their jets at the rear wheels, unlike NOS, Compucar, etc. That means if you jet the kit for a 100 shot, you should be seeing (at least) 100rwHP~ 150 ftlbs extra.

If you do decide to go with NX, I'd recommend Nitrous Warehouse as one of the best dealers out there.

Good luck with your decision, and remember being informed is the best way not to stick your foot in your mouth. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread