Best way to support a car for long term storage?

1999marg

Established Member
I will be installing long tube headers along with an IRS bushing upgrade over the next several weekends. What are the best jackstand placement options? I could easily support the car with four jackstand's using my subframe connectors welded attachment points but I have seen photos with the jackstand supports forward of the front wheels. This option would provide a very stable platform.

What are the supports resting on when the jackstand’s are forward of the front wheels???? Sorry for the stupid question. I tried a forum search and found the following link unfortunately no pictures where provided.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/272146-bassani-headers.html

Thanks for the help.

Mike

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Hey Mike,
When I installed LT headers on a friends Mach1, I placed 4 jack stands underneath the car on the subframes connectors. After I had the K-member dropped and out from under the car, I placed two larger jackstands underneath the frame rails beside the engine as added support and safety.

K-member alignment tip- Before you drop the K-member drill a small hole on each side of the K member where it attaches at the back underneath the car near the trans tunnel. Drill through the K member and into the sheet metal of the car. By doing this youll have just created two alignment marks to line the K member back up to when reinstalling it. Touch them up when done with some paint for corrosion prevention.

Users who are viewing this thread