Best way to store Stock Exhaust

ItalianSVT

Established Member
Guys I was wondering what would be the best way to store the stock exhaust? I want to keep it incase I ever sell the car or just incase I keep it for like 30 years and want to put it on Barrett-Jackson :banana: So, Give me some ideas because I do not want it to rust out while hangind out in storage. I am thinking about wrapping it in plastic and then boxing it but not sure if it would capture to much moisture. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

optx002

Established Member
i keep mine in my storage closet in the box my stingers came in. I do feel that if i ever sell the car, the new owner will not want the stock exhaust. but just in case. :rolling:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Is the stock exhaust not stainless? I donated mine to a buddy who helped me install the Dynomax. He was going to use parts of it for his V6. If he never does, then I'll just take it back and put it in the garage. I have kept every other factory part.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
My factory exhaust came off in Sept, 02 @ 300 miles, and has just been sitting in the shed ever since......Still looks brand new.

jk03cobra

Established Member
wizdawg said:
Anyone just donating their stock catback to the landfill, I will take it!!!

Hey Wizdawg,
I'm in southern WI, not too far from you. I've still got by stock catback. If you are ever up this way send me a PM, you can have it.

Silverboost

Established Member
keep it...mine sat for 2 years and it didn't rust at all...I kept mine just in case I ever sold the car I would be able to sell the aftermarket exhaust to gain back some money....I kept all my stock parts and I managed to recoup almost 2400 from my performance parts....

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
mine had choke 'n drone masters welded in when i bought it. i use the stock pipes as part of my <R lee remy>mordern art masterpeice</R lee remy> along with all the crap parts from my other cars.

Users who are viewing this thread