Best Way To Rid Mice From The Garage

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Please inlighten me on how you keep you Cobra safe for the winter, I've had to take it to the dealership already to fix some wiring that the mice have eaten. I went out to start it today and I saw mice droppings on the valve covers.

I just moved the wood I had stacked on the wall which there was a nest in there with peanut shells and stuff so I hope this helps my situation. What do you do to prevent this?
I already have traps and bounce dryer sheets all over the place, I heard that the mice dont like the smell of the sheets.

Mike

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
How tight is the garage? Where are they getting in? Put some D-Con traps in places that are near possible entry points of the garage.

You can get poison or glue or the old school spring traps.

rueljr

Established Member
I have found that saucers of antifreeze around the garage does wonders. I like to put them near the sides of the garage door and near the other doors where they get in. It is cheap and the mice love it. Just make sure you put it where your pets can't get to it.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
Just buy glue traps.. nothing else. I have seen them in action and they work well. You want to position them along the walls. Mice run close to walls and against objects. Thy seldom cruise across the room. Find the entry point into the garage.... seal it.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the sticky traps around the garage, there is a hole where the power comes through for the dog run, I could seal it with some expanding foam, they also get through the underside of the door. Their is a 1 inch gap from the door and the foundation. I dont know how I could seal that. I also have some traps in the engine bay, the cat just came by for dinner so I threw her in the garage to eat and stay for a day or two. The mice seem to only come in when it snows and it gets really cold, it just snowed so their in now but their on their way out with the cat.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Yep, the cat for sure. You have a LOT more patience with rodents than I would have...replacing wiring harnesses is NOT fun.

AssPikle

Established Member
Use a glue trap and a piece of a slim jim in the center. The slim jim is greasy and puts off a smell that they cannot resist. They will get trapped for sure. We caught one in less than 8 hours with this and he was very sneaky.

Last edited:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
ah yes, the cat. Make sure that you give the little fella a good scratching behind the ears every night too. Cats love that shit

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
All the cars have covers on them for the winter. Shouldnt have any cat claws on them.

YoungJim

Established Member
Yeah, if you go the cat route, just make sure you install some sticky tires, subframe connectors, and some decent shocks so it'll handle alright in the corners, and maybe a 4# lower for the quicker ones...

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
shut all the doors tape up door to your house. leave the garage door crack alittle and let the car run in there for a while. the exhaust fumes will get ride of those things if it doesn't then they will die from the fumes. this is only an idea I have never tried it. would be funny to see. just wait outside for the things to come out the garage door. let car run for like a hour. that outta get em. this can also get wives out of the garage. this I have tried.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
As others have said use glue boards (available at any home improvement store). My cars sits outside and I live in the woods. I used to find mouse droppings on top of the blower... after placing glue boards around the top of the motor, I caught a couple of mice and have had no problems since.:D

mrose75

Established Member
3 words, Desert Eagle & patience.

Seriously though, I've heard funny stories about the glue boards, do that.

rtusnake

Established Member
We used to store our horse feed in our garage with the cars. There was a few rats in there to say the least. A couple weeks later didn't seem to be seeing rats anymore. Come to find out a rat snake was staying in there to. Guess he was eating and courting the cobra :)

Users who are viewing this thread