Best way to get louder exhaust note without changing sound

adrunk3nh0b0

Established Member
What do you guys think is the best option? I was thinking some sort of muffler delete I just don't know which one would be closest to stock only louder.

paluka21

Established Member
Check out stainless works exhaust clips. My personal opinion is off-road H or long tubes with catted H would sound similar to stock tone but louder.

Johnny GT500

Established Member
I just ordered an off-road h pipe from lethal performance. Sounds way better than an x pipe which can be very raspy. I love the stock muffler sound and just wanted to delete the cats, free up some ponies, and get deeper tone to the sound.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I just ordered an MRT Off Road H Pipe from Revan Racing in the hopes for a louder exhaust which carries the same exhaust note. I will report back once it's on.

big_ole_truck

Established Member
Punch holes in the exhaust pipes, between the manifolds and mufflers. Tape up holes with duct tape until you get the volume you like.

If that's too extreme for you, try the side pipes from a Boss.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Punch holes in the exhaust pipes, between the manifolds and mufflers. Tape up holes with duct tape until you get the volume you like.

I guess that's one way ;-)
As above, o/r H-pipe and tune.
If you're scared of the tune, the FRPP/Borla axle backs and others will be loud but not obnoxious.
IMO, I also love the stock mufflers, I'd think the o/r H and tune is the best answer.
-J

carguy19

Established Member

Or run hoses from the tailpipes into the cabin of the car and rev the engine for 45-60 min then take a nap. :D

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
I have a 2013 so I would be looking for quad tips

Tough crowd huh? lol
If you want a little louder with a "similar tone" choose any aftermarket bolt on muffler...multiple
quad mufflers to choose from.
If you do NOT want to do an o/r pipe and prefer to keep your cats...muffler deletes are an easy bolt on
option....but they are "much" louder. Yes in 6th gear..low rpm...you can get a drone (easy
to work around) and yes there is some popping.
Muffler deletes are not a popular option on here because headers and an o/r pipe are
worth about 40 more HP
These are my magnaflow muffler deletes:

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/s...rt=3&o=2&_suid=140424202290506316301523444454

adrunk3nh0b0

Established Member
A friend of mine put an off road h pipe on his mustang gt and it was much more raspy which I did not like.....is it the same case for our cars? And despite being much louder does it still sound great?

adrunk3nh0b0

Established Member
And how can you work around the drone? I hear most axle backs drone around 1800-2000 but in 6th that means I would be doing almost 100 so would it really apply to our cars?

tigerhonaker

Established Member
What do you guys think is the best option? I was thinking some sort of muffler delete I just don't know which one would be closest to stock only louder.

I think the closest axle backs would be the, Borla "Touring" that offer a deeper sound but NOT so LOUD you can't stand it.
They are LOUDER but not bad at all.

This assuming you have the, "H-Pipe" not "X-Pipe" !!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread