Best way to clean stock wheels.

Bllit11

Established Member
I want some advice on how to cleanup my stock wheels. I have some pits and some rock chips. I've had tons of different wheels these seem different. Do you wax them or not. Thanks in advance.

mullens

Established Member
They are clear coat so treat them like your paint. Apply a good sealant like Wheel Wax then just spray detailer. I use a small Ca. duster between cleanings.

Kapy

Established Member
I want some advice on how to cleanup my stock wheels. I have some pits and some rock chips. I've had tons of different wheels these seem different. Do you wax them or not. Thanks in advance.

These two items are the best thing I found so far from AutoZone.

The glove is awesome because you can obviously get your fingers in areas many other sponges etc., cannot.

The wand is great to go through the spokes to clean the inside of the wheel without having to take them off the car.

Both items are microfiber and are dirt cheap. About 5 bucks each.

Hope this helps.

image.jpg

Myfast70

Established Member
I just wash my wheels last when washing the car and use a microfiber towel on them. I'll dry them off last and will spray a bit of detail spray on when drying them.

For the first time yesterday I actually used my Wheel Guard by Chemical Guys. We took the car for just about a 100 mile round trip to the car show last night. After looking the wheels over this morning I have to say it worked very well. There is definitely a lot less accumulation of brake dust on the wheels. I'll also have to admit that the wheels stood out and shined a lot more then they normally do.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
They are clear coat so treat them like your paint. Apply a good sealant like Wheel Wax then just spray detailer.
I just wash my wheels last when washing the car and use a microfiber towel on them. I'll dry them off last and will spray a bit of detail spray on when drying them.
x2.

Lots of good advice here too.

carguy19

Established Member
They have specific wheel cleaning brushes using poly brushes, hair brushes, microfibre brushes. I have a few different ones.

the brushes are about 5-6 bucks each and the time that it saves you along with the ease of not bending down for 3 min per wheel is worth way more then the money.

Users who are viewing this thread