Best Way To Burp Cooling System??

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
Sorry to ask but the search is down and I will probably be doing the LDC cooling mod while my clutch and trans are down. There are so many opinions/ways to burp the system so what is the RIGHT way to do it? also do I need to drain all the coolant out just to do the LDC mod? Thanks alot guys your help is invaluable.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
i searched and i still can't find anything really helpful. bump for some help.

Burp plug refill. Idling sessions with 3-4 hr cooldowns in between. Then keep refilling via burp plug until no more room. Add line in the radiator reservoir is considered fill line.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
i just removed the burp vent in the coolant crossover tube, and filled it there with the resevoir cap off too.

any other way is a PITA.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Fill from the crossover tube. Run the motor until the thermostat opens. Let the motor cool down and then refill. Repeat process until the coolant is full and the air is out of the system. Some motors only need it done once or twice, some half a dozen times. If you do this procedure and your temp gauge stays at it's normal spot, you are good to go. If it climbs higher than normal, you have air in the system.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
people get scared to do it.. its easy as hell, just take the time to check it the first couple mornings if so desired to assure your fill plug has water to the top of it... if not.. fill it... peace

Users who are viewing this thread