Best Way to answer this question???

bolinger06

Established Member
I just got a new mustang not to long ago...Bright red, lowered, rims, racing stripes, and it's extremely loud which = a ticket. One of my parents friends who is a county cop just laughed and said ticket for sure just by looking at it and listening to it. I got a ticket a couple months ago for speeding. (old 95 camry beater car) I decided not to pay the ticket and am now on the deferred program for 6 months. That was my first ticket also. It seems, dont want to say it always happens, but if you've recently had a ticket you are more likely to get another one instead of a warning since you didn't learn your lesson the first time. So heres the question. If i were to get pulled over again, will it show that i'm on the deferral program or that i've been issued a ticket before? 2nd question is if he asks me if ive had a ticket or any previous tickets what do i tell him? If i say yes, he may not even know about my deferral and i've upped my chances of getting a ticket. If i say no and he knows nothing about it then my chances are lower. My first questiong will sort of answer my second question but i figured i would explain everything. I'm from Indiana also. I know it's more principle that you tell him the truth and suffer the consequences for speeding and not learning your lesson. I truthfully dont know what i would even say if i got pulled over right now, concience(SP?) would probably get the best of me. Thanks, Brady

bolinger06

Established Member
so you care to answer the first question? Does it show up that i'm on the deferral program or does it just show nothing? All the other times i've been pulled over, they have never personally asked me if i've had any other tickets, just the last time i got one. haha

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Actually no, I dont care to answer it. You will figure it out when you try to lie to the officer who pulls you over.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
The officer should have their mind made up before he/she gets out of their car. The officer should not be asking if you are on deferred or if you have any other tickets. This way the (small talk) does not lead into a confrontation.
I have had folks in the past tell me they are on deferred, sorry but my mind is made up before getting out of the car. That's the way we Trooepers are trained. Plus, the way I see it if you are on deferred, why are you doing what you are doing to get stopped in the first place? I for one am not going to FIX it for you. Where is the lesson learned here?

tsbpenguin

t-money
Established Member
Well here's a better idea. Just don't get pulled over. It took me 3 tickets to finally figure out that instead of trying to get out of tickets, just dont get into them in the first place.

bolinger06

Established Member
Who ever said i was gonna lie, i never did. I said i would be more likely to tell the truth. I was just saying it in a general way because not everyone is honest so if they want to lie and piss off the cop and get it worse, then let them. Thought this was a place to get questions answered, i'll go ask someone who doesn't take stuff so negatively. Simple yes or no question if they know or not. I know i should stay away from tickets, i've only been pulled over twice in the 3 1/2 years i've been driving. My car broke down and i was at a risk of losing my job so it was a choice i made to risk getting a ticket and i did. I'm not stupid and dont drive stupid. I dont plan on getting up in the morning and plan on driving and getting a ticket, nobody does, it was just a thought i had since that cop told me i'm sure to get pulled over at some point. I personally dont believe that all cops have their mind made up before hand, but thats my opinion, and why i'm trying to put this in a general perspective. Just had a quick question and this is the first place i thought to ask it. My bad.

DSG2003

Established Member
I was on the deferred program about 14 years ago so it may have changed.Paid alot of money out of my pocket to be on that program. The judge told me that if I recieved another ticket for anything, that the old ticket would be put on my record. So I did everything in my power to not get in to any trouble for 6 months. It scared me enough to not get a ticket. I have found that if you do get pulled over, just be as nice as possible, because in the end, you are the one who was in the wrong. The police are just doing there job.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
The Best way to answer an officer when he ask you any question is "Los Cientos, pero, no hablo engles."

Then just sit there with a smile and when he speaks to you, just shake your head "no" and act confused.

tsbpenguin

t-money
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
The Best way to answer an officer when he ask you any question is "Los Cientos, pero, no hablo engles."

Then just sit there with a smile and when he speaks to you, just shake your head "no" and act confused.

Then you get taken to jail for no license. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread