Best virus proterction programs

88_pony

Established Member
Going away on tour soon, so I am looking to get a good program for virus protection. Do you guys have any input that would be helpful? What do you guys use? Did you pay for it or just download off a torrent site, Thanks all!

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I pay for it. I use Spyware Doctor with Virus add-on. I also use Registry Mechanic and both were purchased as a package from PC tools.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
The BEST way to avoid virus's that i have found is to use a different operating system. I ran Ubuntu on my last laptop, and am thinking about downloading it on to my new one as well. Its a FREE Linux based operating system, thats pretty damn user friendly. I had firefox browser, and Open Office word processing (Also free) and according to my IT guy, virus's are practically non existent for Linux, because its a pain to write em.

DE07GT

Established Member
Trend Micro is pretty good. Have to pay for it once a year, but it works.
Whatever you do, don't get Norton. Every computer I've had it on; something goes seriously wrong.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
nothing.

stop downloading "risky" bullshittery, and browsing with IE and opening up emails from anything you dont recognize.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I just changed to the MS security essentials when I installed Window 7, probably not the best, but very small footprint and I don't download things from sites with poor reputations. I Also use no script on my Firefox.

88_pony

Established Member
The thing I worry most about is, i watch alot of tv shows online and those sites worry me at times. Does internet explorer have virus problems? show i change web browsers? thanks so far for all the info guys

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I use AVG the paid version on all 8 of my machines.

Anyone who says they are running nothing and have never had a problem are either lying or extremely lucky. In todays world without a good firwall and at least some virus protection you are vulnerable. I used to not run anything but with the sophistication of the hackers today it is just not worth running without something.

Users who are viewing this thread