Best used car for $40-50k

Branhammer

Established Member
Charger Scat Pack could be had for that, but if it has to be used, I'd say CTS-V or if you're interested in something a little higher, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Can't go wrong with an M3 either though.

HandBanana

Established Member
Finally sold the GT and realized I should consider buying a DD, but I'd like something comfortable with some decent power. M3 is at the top of the list thus far.

Budget: 40-50k

Ideas?

GT in avatar but Cobra in sig...?

CTS-V as stated btw.

HandBanana

Established Member
I feel I can get a lot more for the money if I go used.

Haven't gotten around to changing it. Keeping the Cobra for the weekends.

Guess I'm going to have to look into a CTS-V! I thought about looking for a clean NSX too, but those things with low miles can't be had for cheap any more.

I can't think of a worse DD than an NSX. As much as I love the car it was designed to be a race car, not an everyday driver. You can totally daily a C6 Z though.

Just_A_GT

Established Member
You guys have odd ideas for daily drivers lol. C6Z, seriously? A car with no trunk/backseat and very little "spare" room to haul anything other than a computer bag and a gallon of milk. Seems like a practical DD lol

JCP281

Corner Carvin
Established Member
With that kind of budget your wide open for choices. Personally id go with a c6 Z06. Hard to beat the performance per dollar with that car.

Blackness03

Established Member
You guys have odd ideas for daily drivers lol. C6Z, seriously? A car with no trunk/backseat and very little "spare" room to haul anything other than a computer bag and a gallon of milk. Seems like a practical DD lol

Personally id go with a c6 Z06. Hard to beat the performance per dollar with that car.

This is a performance car forum what do you expect? lol. Sounds like a good DD to me. One guy at work DDs his C5 and another guy has an 06 viper for a dd. Unless you are taking your family to work with you, you don't need room

HandBanana

Established Member

As opposed to the incredible amount of room in a Mustang?? C6 Z can still take some groceries in the trunk, gets fantastic mileage for a performance car, reliable, all the amenities you need, what's not to like?

Just_A_GT

Established Member
This is a performance car forum what do you expect? lol. Sounds like a good DD to me. One guy at work DDs his C5 and another guy has an 06 viper for a dd. Unless you are taking your family to work with you, you don't need room

Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I hated driving a manual car in rush hour traffic when I had a long commute. I guess if you don't mind the harsh ride or riding the clutch in bumper-to-bumper traffic, go for it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
As opposed to the incredible amount of room in a Mustang?? C6 Z can still take some groceries in the trunk, gets fantastic mileage for a performance car, reliable, all the amenities you need, what's not to like?

my buddy has a C6 that he DD. he can probably carry more in the back "trunk" area than my gt500 can. it has a surprising amount of room. we took it to sema and packed the hell out of it with bags/luggage

OP didnt say if he has kids or needs a backseat at all. many people dont. plenty of people DD roadsters and sports cars. if he needs a one vehicle does everything (haul groceries, people, lots of cargo) then probably a JGCSRT or ecoboost Explorer.

i was looking at getting a vette for a DD. i have two kids. but i also have other vehicles for when i need to go to home depot, or carry the whole family etc...

Just_A_GT

Established Member

I never said anything about a mustang as a DD. IMO, no 2-door sports car makes a good DD.

And I've never seen a corvette with a trunk. They have a tiny hatch that you can fit a few things in, but that's it. You'll always be fighting for clearance though.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Any requirements? 2 door/4 door? Backseats? Automatic? Luxury-ish? Gas mileage a big factor?

HandBanana

Established Member
I never said anything about a mustang as a DD. IMO, no 2-door sports car makes a good DD.

And I've never seen a corvette with a trunk. They have a tiny hatch that you can fit a few things in, but that's it. You'll always be fighting for clearance though.

No shit, corvettes have a hatch? Wow...let's get hung up on verbiage whilst struggling to make a real point...

Users who are viewing this thread