Best tire size for 3.15 A6 in the 1/8th?

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
i know this topic has been brought up a lot, but I have a ‘17 GT auto with longtubes, PMAS, and Lund tune, and I’m looking to get some new drag radials soon. I know most say a 26” tall tire is best for a 3.15 rear, but a lot of guys seem to refer to 1/4 tracks, whereas I only have 1/8th mile tracks.

I have 315/35-17 NT05Rs now, and ran 8.0@88mph with the canned tune on my SCT X4 before I bought the Lund tune. That was with 660DA in October, full base model weight with my 290lbs ass in it lol. All else stock besides Eibach Sportlines.

The only time I’ve tried the Nittos out since I did all those mods was a dig race on the street against my buddy with a bolt on 2011 GT 3.15 auto that has 295/55-15 ET Streets. We both did quick burnouts, but it was mid 50s outside. He runs identical 8.0 ETs to me, but he whooped me in that dig race because I spun in all of first, while he hooked and left lol. I eventually plan on buying a 5C converter later on this year, so I know that will help more than anything else I have. But for now I’m just looking for ideas on how to maximize my current setup. I was surprised how well those big 295s work for my friends car. Any advice?

DarkMach1

Established Member
26" tire will work well for your 1/8th mile goals. But quick burnouts will never cut it. Put the car in manual mode (S), stage on water box and start your burnout, shift to 2nd (w/paddle) and get your wheel speed up then less off the brakes and roll forward.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I disagree with that on an NA S550 with stock weight and 3.15 gears. 28” will be added weight as well for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread