Best thing to use for cleaning up eggs?

DexwarL

Established Member
Not sure who did it, I went back to my hometown and visited my Mom, and went to leave in the morning and it was all over.

RedDakRT

Gone but not forgotten...
Established Member
My truck was egged couple nights ago and I wanted to know what was the best thing to use to clean it off?

Thanks
I could use help in this area too. A bird dropped eggs on my truck and I cant get the crap off my bed cover :bash:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
wash+claybar

if you keep your exterior properly protected at all times, things like this simply spray off with a hose. I went up the mountains and got a few sap drips on my car, way worse than any egg or bird shit could do. Sap didnt stand a chance with my car, couple sprays of quick detail and it wiped clean off. if you keep your paint protected, nothing can adhere to it.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
wash+claybar

if you keep your exterior properly protected at all times, things like this simply spray off with a hose. I went up the mountains and got a few sap drips on my car, way worse than any egg or bird shit could do. Sap didnt stand a chance with my car, couple sprays of quick detail and it wiped clean off. if you keep your paint protected, nothing can adhere to it.

:nono: Egg does tons more damage to a clear coat then sap does. Sap does not etch itself into the clear coat creating a spider web etching effect. Bird crap is bad but not as bad as egg are. Trust me. I have seen cars that got egged & if it sits for a few hours it eats into sealants real fast. Sap is a mess, but use the proper product & it does no harm... !

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
:nono: Egg does tons more damage to a clear coat then sap does. Sap does not etch itself into the clear coat creating a spider web etching effect. Bird crap is bad but not as bad as egg are. Trust me. I have seen cars that got egged & if it sits for a few hours it eats into sealants real fast. Sap is a mess, but use the proper product & it does no harm... !

If an egg is thrown hard enough it will do damage that can not be cleaned off. I had a car egged once and the body panel had to be repainted, the shell took off the paint all the way to the primer :nonono:

trmn8in_03cobra

Established Member
i hate eggs now

My 05 gto got egged when i had the car year and a half ago. the car set right off the street that people usually drive about 35 mph so assuming someone egged it at 35 mph and the egg was dry by the time i went outside to get into it for work. The egg had up to 10hrs to set and dry but unsure how exactly how long. They hit it a few inches away from the passenger side door handle. The paint was obviously screwed up and was easily noticable. The paint looked spider webbed and the clearcoat was screwed up.Where the paint was webbed i could see bare metel or primor in the webbing. I was pist! So, no ideas on how to repair it because the only thing that would fix mine was to get it repainted that i know of.I sold the car before i went on deployment so its now up to the new owner to fix.To make you feal better, your not the only one. good luck on getting yours back to normal for a cheap price.

trmn8in_03cobra

Established Member
forgot to note the the car did have a recent good coat of wax that was about 2 weeks old.The egg splatter came off with no damage done but the impact of the egg hitting the car is what ruined the paint.only if it would have been 2 or 3 inches higher, it would have hit the very bottom part of the window and i doubt it would have broke the tinted glass.Some cleaning and a rewax could have had it back to normal

Users who are viewing this thread