Best thing I've ever read.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Andy Rooney didn't say that and this was posted about a month ago a little bit after all the Katrina crap. Yes it makes all the sense in the world to me and I agree with most if not all of it. He didn't say it though, people proved it.

DCAN87

Established Member
sunburned said:
Andy Rooney didn't say that and this was posted about a month ago a little bit after all the Katrina crap. Yes it makes all the sense in the world to me and I agree with most if not all of it. He didn't say it though, people proved it.
OK, I got it in an e-mail and posted it straight here. I fixed that part. It's still the truth though.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Thats beautiful! Now i need to save it for future use :D Weather he said it or not i agree 100%.

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
The pro-wrestling thing is so random and hilarious. Seriously though, don't blame the boy scouts for not letting girls in. Blame the girl scouts for doing lame shit like selling cookies and having tea parties and shit. Sounds to me like the girl scouts are being more sexist than the boy scouts are making girls do things that "girls are supposed to do".

DCAN87

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
Such a pu$$y. I should go on the news on all channels and say this stuff. Then when someone asks me if I said it I can say HELL YES!!! :rockon:

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
blueangelfightr said:
I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

On the subject of:

Student starts United White Persons College Fund!!

Wonder if this came to fruition ?? back in 2003

Breaking story here http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=1148257&nav=CcXHEC1u

Interesting idea. I'm against the idea of any organization whose purpose is the advancement of any specific ethnic or racial group. If you allow the United Negro College Fund, but do not allow a serious white counterpart, you are committing reverse racism.

Calebp

Established Member
blueangelfightr said:
Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

Baseball bats are meant to hit baseballs.

Cars are meant to drive to different places.

Guns are meant for killing. Killing, killing, killing, and ONLY killing.

I own a few for target practice and I love and respect them, but the logic stated there is faulty. By that logic you could say that blenders could be banned because it's possible to puree your fingers. What a stupid argument.

The rest is pretty good though. The first point is especially true.

DCAN87

Established Member
Just because you own a gun doesn't make you a killer. Yes, the reason most people buy them is for protection and killing if need be, but not everyone that owns a gun is a killer. Thats the point.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
03Sssnake said:
while this is an entertaining piece, it was never said or written by Rooney.

You've been snoped!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

Also on this peace:

By Andy Rooney
Syndicated columnist

Two years ago, someone broke my car window, took some things from the glove compart_ment and a suitcase I had left on the backseat.

Twenty years ago, I had a motorbike stolen from my garage. In the Army, at Fort Bragg, someone went through my footlocker and took $20 I had saved for the day I could get a 24-hour pass. These were the only brushes w crime Id had in my life until recently.

Now, several thieves have taken something of great value from me - my name.

More than a year ago, people started sending me copies of an e-mail that was appearing on computers all over the country. It was a list of about 20 comments, each one or two sentences long, under my byline. The piece was titled, “In Praise of Older Women - By Andy Rooney” It was sappy and obviously nothing I might have written, but harmless. While I didn’t like the idea of someone using my name as his own, I didn’t try to do anything about it.

Several months after I first saw the e-mail, a man named Frank Kaiser wrote asking why I had put my name on something he had written in 2000 for his syndicated column called Suddenly Senior I called Frank immediately and he accepted the fact that someone else had taken what he wrote and put my name on it.

There have been two other instances of someone distributing a list of opinions under my name. What would make someone write down a-series of personal observations and distribute them using my name as the author? It mystifies me.

About a year ago, I became aware of a more serious theft of my name and it is so hurtful to my reputation that it calls for legal action against the thief. Hundreds of people have written asking if I really wrote the 20 detestable remarks made under my name that have had such wide circulation on the Internet.

The list of remarks begins: “I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big houses and big campfires."

It continues: “I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting babies.”

“Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer."

“I have the right NOT to be tolerant of others because they are weird, different or tick me off.”

Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life. It is apparent that the list of comments has been read by hundreds of thousands of Americans, many of whom must believe that it accurately represents opinions of mine that I don’t dare express in my column or on television. It is seriously damaging to my reputation.

The only good thing to come out of this incident is the dozens of letters I’ve received from people saying they know me well enough to know I didn’t write the comments. There must be many more, however, who are ready to believe I did write them.

I have tracked the e-mail back to an address in Tucson and a Web site called “CelebrityHypocrites.com,” which is owned by a man named Pave Mason. Mr. Mason lists as his address, “405 East Wetmore Road, No. 117 PMB 520, Tucson Arizona 85705.”

I was in Tucson recently and foolishly went to that address thinking it might be Mason's home or business. I’d like to know more about Mason, but the address was a commercial mailbox business and I didn’t wait around for him to show up so I could confront him. If it is Dave Mason who has stolen my name, I demand that he put out a retraction that reaches as many people as his fraudulent e-mail did.

Andy Rooney is a syndicated columnist and commentator on “60 Minutes.”

http://www.suddenlysenior.com/Andyrooneyinpraiseofcolumn.html

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Calebp said:
Guns are meant for killing. Killing, killing, killing, and ONLY killing.
:rollseyes Trap shooting, sporting clays, personal satisfaction, Hobby, collectibles, need more just ask?

Friendchicken

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Whitey doesn't need to specify a "White channel" or a "White college fund" ... etc. Everything is white and afro-americans need to lable to promote, support, unite, blah blah blah.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

Guns were designed with one singular purpose. To kill. They arn't sold at Office Depot with the paper weights. Bats weren't designed to play T-ball with your neighbours head and cars weren't designed with hunanoid auto-tracking built in as an accessory.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I don't see your point here. You have a problem with girls? If I was in the boy scouts, summer camp would be alot more interesting with girls in it.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

This annoys me too.

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry behind if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

This issue is a drop in the bucket compared to what coppers have to deal with on a day-to-day. Howabout instilling the right to fire on crackheads holding their families hostage without trying to talk them down.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

Again, there are so many programs that support the strangest things. Yet you pick on immigrants trying to add to the GDP and pay taxes "like you and I". Would you rather they take up a career in crime?

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

Here is where you are wrong. The US does not fight to protect the freedoms of other people. They go and fight to protect their assets overseas. If you thing the US is playing "World Cop" you are delusional. Many of the people that we fight today were once considered allies. You want to be a friend to the US, you gotta sink billions into the partnership.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them

There are good and bad movies. Good and bad TV shows. Wrestling falls into the latter. Chalk it up to another Y&R, Guiding light, As the World Turns over dramatic waste of time. But if that entertains you, I feel sorry for you.

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else

With all these criticisms and yet the undying love for the country? Which is it, hate it or love it?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
White males actually have the least going for them in terms of getting outside help for continuing their education past highschool. Basically, if they don't do well in gradeschool, they're on their own in terms of getting into college and paying for it. Obviously they still qualify for student loans, but there are millions of grants out there, with the fewest going to white males.

I don't really care though. I don't want to depend on others for my benefit. I'd rather help myself and have that sense of satisfaction at the end of the journey.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
White males actually have the least going for them in terms of getting outside help for continuing their education past highschool. Basically, if they don't do well in gradeschool, they're on their own in terms of getting into college and paying for it. Obviously they still qualify for student loans, but there are millions of grants out there, with the fewest going to white males.

I don't really care though. I don't want to depend on others for my benefit. I'd rather help myself and have that sense of satisfaction at the end of the journey.

Ahhh the fine art of self-help! If we could only pass that down to the one's who " depend " on help from Uncle Sam.

Nothing beats the ethical self help strategy. Save the handicapped, mentaly retarded & mentaly ill, people who don't help theirselves when applicable SHOULD go hungry & be without.

Calebp

Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
:rollseyes Trap shooting, sporting clays, personal satisfaction, Hobby, collectibles, need more just ask?

I own guns, trust me, I know that they can by used for other things. The fact remains that guns are meant to propel a projectile at an extremely high velocity towards a designated target. If SIMPLY you want to improve your marksmanship, get a wrist rocket or a compound bow. Hell, buy an airsoft. I shoot because
a.) It's fun
b.) I improve my aim... but why? So in case the situation of life or death comes about, I can shoot my opponent in the face.

Getting to the basics, and overlooking all the things you CAN do with a gun, it's still meant for killing. You can open a paintcan with a gun if you wanted to. It's still designed to open a skull.

I love guns. I own guns. I never want to see them banned. That doesn't change the fact that they are meant to kill.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread