best suspension upgrade for around $600?

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I'm getting tired of the height of my 94 and I figure its time to lower it. I'd like to get into auto crossing and such so i'd like something that handles good as well as looks good.

montanagrog

Established Member
Quality lowering springs, c/c plates, sub-frame connecters, and rear lower control arms would get my vote as the starting point.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Dont rule out a good set of struts and shocks. I thought I wouldnt need any after I got my H&Rs and LCAs and the stockers are already shot after about 2 months.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
the struts/shocks can wait till he gets more familiar with his car. and with i'm with montanagrog: subframes. The lower control arms will keep the tires planted and the panhard will make you DANG confident in the turns.

SloCal94

Established Member
DEF panhard bar... you will see the biggest diff there..... and then i would say springs and subframes..... that should put you in that range.... then depending how many miles you have on your car.... get shocks/struts. And DEF get bilsteins if you can afford it.

MY set-up is as followes in order: (ALL MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS)

Lower Springs
subframes
R. control arms
panhard bar
COIL OVERS (bilsteins)
Front control arms

I also did alot more between that ( urethane, pinion snubber and steering rack bushings, other random stuff) PS: i kill mostly anything i come accross

mystic1219

Established Member
I spent just a litte more than that, but got Bilsteins, H&R sports (or get Super Sports to go lower), and MM caster camber plates and I am very happy with the results. It looks alot better and the handling was greatly improved, without sacrificing ride quality at alll. Next on my list are subframes and lower control arms.

Users who are viewing this thread