best supercharger for a 99 gt and what do i need

smkn99

Established Member
ive got a 99 mustang gt and im wanting to give her some more power. i want to get the best supercharger for the 2v motor and absolutely everything i need for it to work and produce as much power as i can. thx!

01yellercobra

Established Member
There is no best overall. It depends on how you want to set the car up. There's a laundry list of things you need depending on your overall goal. My best advice would be to start searching. Chances are your questions have been asked and have been answered already.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
You should look into the Vortech & Procharger kits. Plus supporting mods like a larger TB, plenum, X-pipe, Catback, Fuel system ( go big so you will have room to grow ), Likely a new clutch if you have a 5sp, Gears will help to keep you in the power band and they will help you stay in boost with the Centri Blower. Read this man , it might help you out alittle.

Procharger Supercharger Test - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
procharger D1sc with the 3 core intercooler. Convert to a Blow thru maf (Idk if procharger does this or not) and 8 rib pulley conversion. Get a kit with a big intercooler that supports a lot of power to begin with so you wont need to upgrade it in the future.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Budget, mechanical abilities, and HP goals are needed to help guide you in the right direction!

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
U should have certain things done to ure car before supercharging it if u want to get as much power as possible such as Headers, back exhaust... bigger throttle body and plenum, dont waste ure time with getting a cold air intake because youll be switching that out anyways when you go with forced induction... also need to upgrade your geers not sure if u have an auto for 5 spd... 5spd go with 3.73's and auto go with 4.10's... i bought my car stock and slowly worked my weight up to getting the blower, make sure u have all the supporting mods needed before u even supercharge the car... I have a v2 sq trim on my 99gt, it is a blow through set up and is intercooled... i have full bolt ons as well.... ure going to have to upgrade fuel components as well bigger injectors and more efficient fuel pump... i got my whole kit for 3000 with everything and the blower runs great and i drive my car everyday,,, also dont forget you will need a dyno tune after having the charger installed and i paid 400 to get mine done... put down 408 rwhp and 404 rwtq making 10 psi on a 3.33 pulley, just make sure u do everything right the first time around and good luck

smkn99

Established Member
well i have a friend who said he would sell me his eaton off his 04 cobra and injectors for $300, what all else do i need to put this on my car?

chagan02

Established Member
I have a Polished Novi 2000 Intercooled Setup on mine. Before I went all out and got the forged shortblock I ran it on my stock block at 10 PSI. The car was VERY streetable and still got decent mileage. On 10 PSI, ALL stock except for a cat back and long tubes, the car made 370 rwhp and 350 rwtq. That was with 36lb injectors, lightning MAF, and an svt focus fuel pump (things you will have to get), stock throttle body, stock cams, and a tune. 10 PSI is about all you want to safely put on a stock shortblock. IF you upgrade to forged, I was able to get right at 440 at the wheel before I had to upgrade my fuel system. The car was a blast to drive at both power levels mentioned above. Now I have a return style fuel system, 8 rib setup, blower cams, and running 17 PSI. The car is making just shy of 550 at the wheel. This blower is a great blower. Below are a few pics of my setup to give you an idea. My car is a 2000 GT.

I might be interested in selling it if the price it right and cash is available. I'm thinking about going turbo.

konica009.jpg

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Unless you want a big DIY project, I wouldnt tackle an eaton swap as a first blown mustang. You *can* do it on a budget, but you need time, patience, and a bit of luck searching classifieds.

02blownGT

Established Member
Get the eaton purchase all the other parts from torktech then step up to big KB or whipple when you build the bottomend.All the Gts have prochargers and vortechs.Im going this route with my next build.

bleedout

Established Member
KB or tork tech kit man. You wont be disappointed. Research the kit, you should only need the eaton, injectors, a tuner, maybe maf not sure but their website will tell you all you need. There is a thread under new edge stangs on this very build, its very detailed you need to read it. This is my next build, i love the torque, had a centri before and i wont go that route again. Not enuff torque for me. GL

Users who are viewing this thread