Best supercharger for 91 gt

javierrflores

svt
Established Member
Hey guys i have been trying to search for the best option between superchargers of any make and kind , hope you guys can help.
ATI
Vortech
Paxton
Kenne bell

Im planning on having my 5.0 stock spec with forged internals, I would also like to have a street legal system ( i live in california)

what is the max horsepower I can have with these superchargers while still passing the smog test?

also do any of these offer a simple upgrade such as a pulley, to simply increase power after test?

Thanks guys!!!

(wish i could afford a 03 cobra swap):rockon:

93sspcoupe

Established Member
the stock internals on a 91 roller motor are forged from factory. i recomend a vortech s trim 8-10 lbs of boost. with a bone stock motor and this blower you can expect 300 330 rwhp. pulley swap will make more boost and power, but pulley swap usually will void the warranty. my friend has a 306 with ported edelbrock heads holley intake comp xe274 cam an s trim with 8-10 lbs 60lb injectors and its making 430 rwhp through an aod with a 3500 stall.

be sure you upgrade your fuel system if u add a blower

DaBigBone

Established Member
If I had the money, I would do a KB simply because the low end TQ is amazing. I love my vortech though, because if you stay out of boost on long trips it still gets decent MPG.

Users who are viewing this thread