best springs for drag racing?

4camwonder

Established Member
soon to be buying springs so i can have my car ready for OCT. want to know what the best DRAG RACING springs are for the 94-98 cars. thinking about the eibach's or the steedas... advice and comments very welcome.

CaliSS2001

Established Member
I have drag launch's on my SS and love em, but traction really is done by a good adj. shock, I have Strange 10 ways in the back and KYB's in the front.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
What ever you do is if you are looking to get drag springs, make sure they are drag springs, lowering springs hurt your 60 ft times

I made the mistake and am going to be getting springs soon.. I hope. I am going to purchase the Eibachs

4camwonder

Established Member
well what i plan on running, for now, is lakewood 90/10's in the fornt and 50/50 for the rear, but i need a good spring to go with them, and just a little lower to help the cars looks would be nice too, but thats not a nessesity...

forcedLX

Established Member
springs is just a piece of the puzzle. you need shocks and struts and upper and lower control arms. it really depends what parts you go with

BooRail85

Banned
here is my plan, if you want some ideas..

cheapest-
eibach drag launch springs
lakewood 70/30's
strange 5 way's in the rear
mm lower control arms
frpp uppers
full subframes

what i want-
qa1 tube k member
qa1 tube a arms
qa1 14" 175lb coil overs
qa1 adj. struts
strange adj. 5 ways in rear
eibach REAR drag springs
adj. mm lowers
frpp uppers
full subframes

4camwonder

Established Member
this is only a temperary setup, so it only needs to get through the end of the year, because im going try and run NMRA street stock next year, and it will get a full MM suspension... but for now, springs and shocks will have to do.

ill most likely be going with MM drag springs, and get an air bag for the right rear.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
sounds good to me. i am working on buying a similar set up for my cobra from MM. it will run me about $1300 without a K-member and tubular A-arms but those can come later.

forcedLX

Established Member
here is a idea of my setup. its semi serious drag setup.
front-
D&D k member, A Arms, 14" 175lb springs, CC plates, UPR bumpsteer
strange 10 way adjustable struts
rear-
Wolfe Racecraft adjustable upper and lower control arms, antiroll bar, stock springs(1 coil cut), strange 10 way adjustable shocks

because of the anti roll bar you dont want a progressive spring in the rear.

i have yet to install my battle boxes, and thru the floor subframes.

JIMS SVT

Established Member
I have always ran cut rear springs.For a long time thefronts was cut too.Then I converted to coilovers on the front.And switched out the rears for a set of cut 99 gt rears.Thats what I run now.

Users who are viewing this thread