Best springs for convertible?

jpk

Established Member
All of the spring sets I have seen for the Terminator appear to be optimized for the coupe. The factory actually put different springs in the coupes and convertibles, so I figure someone must be making aftermarket springs that are tuned for the heavier convertibles.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Get the new Steeda Springs made for the convertible. I put them in mine and the car rides great. Dropped it about a inch all around and the car sits perfectly level now. I couldn't be happier especially with the crappy roads in Calgary. I couldn't imagine being any lower, it would be a real pain in the ass trying to keep it from bottoming out all the time. I can email you pics if you want to see for yourself how the drop looks.

jpk

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Get the new Steeda Springs made for the convertible. I put them in mine and the car rides great. Dropped it about a inch all around and the car sits perfectly level now. I couldn't be happier especially with the crappy roads in Calgary. I couldn't imagine being any lower, it would be a real pain in the ass trying to keep it from bottoming out all the time. I can email you pics if you want to see for yourself how the drop looks.

Where do you find those from Steeda? I don't see them on their website. Thanks!

rd04svt

Established Member
I put the Eibach Pro kit on mine along with SFC's. I like the ride & the ride height and it looks even better with 295/35/18's on the rear.

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
Kenny Brown makes a vert specific spring. I just put them on 2 weeks ago. they look great, car sits at 27" all the way around and they are specific rate so it rides like stock. Sorry, haven't learned how to post a pic. yet.

Jpjr

Established Member
super sport springs from H&R. they look perfect on a vert... don't be scared to run them. they are a perfect drop and will not leave you wondering if your car actually lowered like with certain other springs. it's not a difficult swap, but it will take at least a half day if your taking your time, probably most of a Saturday actually. for that you'll want a drop that everyone notices.

adamb258

Established Member
im goann put soem coupe springs in mine. I dont want any drop but do want a stiffer spring

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Steeda Sport Springs here, I do not know of a different rate that they sell for verts. Here is the pict.

26294135-M.jpg

some more can be found here.
http://ezerbe.smugmug.com/Cars

Last edited:

jpk

Established Member
Your red convertible looks great! I wonder why folks say that it doesn't get lowered enough? Maybe because they take a week or so to settle?

I think I might go with the Steeda, but I don't understand if they have a 'vert spring or not.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Thanks. It does settle some over about a month. They do not have a vert specific spring, or they did not a week ago. I picked the Steeda Sports after talking to dozens of drivers at road events, I got them to improve the cars track performance, apperance/ride hight was not a factor. They ride real well on the street and perform great at the track.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
and you're not riding the bump stops in corners? (You'll hear it when it happens)
Nope,the Koni adjustables set on "firmest" seems to prevent that, on second thought the Konis set on high feel like you are riding the bump stops all the time, even on the straights.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
jpk said:
Your red convertible looks great! I wonder why folks say that it doesn't get lowered enough? Maybe because they take a week or so to settle?

I think I might go with the Steeda, but I don't understand if they have a 'vert spring or not.

Steeda does have a Vert specific spring. This is what I used with Bilstien shocks in the back and the stocks in the front.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Special Blend said:
Steeda does have a Vert specific spring. This is what I used with Bilstien shocks in the back and the stocks in the front.

Steeda "does not, repeat does not" have vert specific springs. I was by there and asked that specific question, They know that i would be interested in trying out a different rate for the front, and would contact me if there was one avalable.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
here is the H&R on a vert with MM ISO front and stock ISO rear, I also have the bumpsteer kit and the X2 balljoints

DSCF0030.jpg
[/IMG]

:)

2003 Silver

Banned
booricua said:
here is the H&R on a vert with MM ISO front and stock ISO rear, I also have the bumpsteer kit and the X2 balljoints

DSCF0030.jpg
[/IMG]

:)

Hey there's the little guy from your old avatar! Nice car...I have the same color and light bar....I have CCW's with black middles. The chromies still look sweet thou!

To the original poster....get MM coilovers!!!!

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
edz said:
Steeda "does not, repeat does not" have vert specific springs. I was by there and asked that specific question, They know that i would be interested in trying out a different rate for the front, and would contact me if there was one avalable.

I guess I had a bunch of hot air blown up my.......hahah. I could have sworn that when I was looking for them I seen the springs and the rates were a lot different. Oh well i'm happy anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread