Best spot to install mechanical water temp sensor

silver93

Established Member
Best place to install mechanical water temp gauge on my engine. Should I remove the factory temp sensor and install there or is there a better spot for more accurate reading.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I installed mine in a custom plug in the burp location on the crossover. Seems to read accurately.
I wouldn't remove the stock sensor. If I'm not mistaken the computer needs that for tune purposes.

BMSTNG

Established Member
I installed mine in a custom plug in the burp location on the crossover. Seems to read accurately.
I wouldn't remove the stock sensor. If I'm not mistaken the computer needs that for tune purposes.
+1 You can order the crossover plug from Billet Pro Shop. Ask for the crossover plug that has the provision on the top of it to allow you to hook up your aftermarket Temp gauge. That'll make it real easy for you.

ctgreddy

Established Member
If you dont want the eyesore of a sensor in your crossover plug there's a good spot on the side of the block. Drivers side underneath the car you'll see it. The temp sensor in the gauge kit should come with an adapter that fits the block.

Users who are viewing this thread