best sounding X-pipe

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I have a question for all......

Does an exhaust on a 2V sound the same on a 4V?

I was thinking about doing Long Tube Headers with a O/R X Pipe and Magnapacks Cat-Back, because I heard them on a friends 04 but I have a 2V so thats why I ask.

Personally I think 2v's sound a lot different than 4v cars.

Termilvr

Established Member
Somewhat unbelievable that you said that...well the fact that this forum actually popped up today kinda shocked me. I'm shopping for a x-pipe and with the fact that you said its your fav, and I do believe you know your shit, im buying one right now. thanks

i have a vrs o/r xpipe (same thing as upr but stainless) and a magnaflow catback. it is exactly what i wanted mild at idle and normal driving but a monster when you mash the go fast pedal. it is very smooth sounding.

v6mustang164

Established Member
Have any of you guys used Dr. Gas's x-pipe? It looks like the crossover is closer to the headers than the other systems. So I would imagine that it has a slightly different tone.

t01lightning

Established Member
I hate the way x's sound. They give the cars an over raspy tingy sound and its not worth the 5 horsepower over the h pipe which gives it a less raspy deeper non tin can muscle car sound.

derockgt

Established Member
just put the UPR off road on with my bassani CB and it sounds really good, plan on uploading a video tomorrow

greengt88

Established Member
i like how mine sounds, just wish i could turn the volume up on it. if i like ur vid ^^ i may do the switch. anxiously awaiting vid. love to get rid of bassani x.

derockgt

Established Member
wasnt able to get vid tonight it rained all day and didnt want to do it in the garage. it is alot louder though

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
Just got done putting the O/R UPR on my magnaflow catback...It was a real bitch, UPR pipes weren't bent right and the driver side was too long. A little tugging and pulling and bending, and exhaust shifting we managed to work it out. But i tell you what, it sounds pretty damn mean. Not as loud as i expected but its all good. I got a vid going up soon as well.

EDIT:
Here is a quick vid from my phone....

http://www.youtube.com/user/mo4life123?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/m6aSuOhk22E

Last edited:

derockgt

Established Member
that does seem pretty quite, maybe its the vid quality or the magnflow is a quiter muffler that the bassani's my camera broke :( so waiting to make the clip, theres this nice bridge gonna get some fly bys as well

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
that does seem pretty quite, maybe its the vid quality or the magnflow is a quiter muffler that the bassani's my camera broke :( so waiting to make the clip, theres this nice bridge gonna get some fly bys as well

well the camera plays a big roll...i watched the vid here on youtube i was like, wait a sec, this isn't it is it? the camera sucks, i took some pics of me at the range and stuff and bullets were flying and it sounded like i was shooting a BB gun. So yea, i'll have some good vids up soon

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I bought my car with a upr or/x pipe and I hated it. Mine had NO built in groove for the passenger side where it meets the manifold and asks for a gasket. It looked like junky material and didn't fit the best. I upgraded to bassani catted x pipe with there matching catback and I really like it now. I'm not a big fan on overly to loud exhaust with a raspy sound. I'd rather hear the whine of the blower.

Last edited:

SVTcobra588

Established Member
I had the BBK o/r x with slp lm2's on my 03 gt, and that combo was absolutely amazing. Compliments everywhere, never had one bad compliment at all. I am looking for an o/r x now for my cobra with my lm1's, anyone have lm1's with an o/r x????

Users who are viewing this thread