Best Shock/Strut Setup For H&R Race Springs

Termilvr

Established Member
What is the best setup? I have talked to maximum motorsports a little but never really got a good answer.
H&R race springs
Griggs CC plates
GW delrin fca bushings
steeda x2 ball joints
steeda bumpsteer kit
aluminum rack bushings
ftbr bushings in irs
ftbr irs bumpsteer
fms diff cover

I asked them if the mm sport springs would work with coilovers and they said yes but didn't say how they would work with my setup. I asked how the cobra r shocks would work and they said they would be good. then they suggested koni adjustables for my setup. I could definitely afford the single adjustables all around and might be able to swing the doubles for the front but I am not sure if i would be able to optimize the compression and rebound settings.

Any suggestions would be helpfull I wanna order asap!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
What is the best setup? I have talked to maximum motorsports a little but never really got a good answer.
H&R race springs
Griggs CC plates
GW delrin fca bushings
steeda x2 ball joints
steeda bumpsteer kit
aluminum rack bushings
ftbr bushings in irs
ftbr irs bumpsteer
fms diff cover

I asked them if the mm sport springs would work with coilovers and they said yes but didn't say how they would work with my setup. I asked how the cobra r shocks would work and they said they would be good. then they suggested koni adjustables for my setup. I could definitely afford the single adjustables all around and might be able to swing the doubles for the front but I am not sure if i would be able to optimize the compression and rebound settings.

Any suggestions would be helpfull I wanna order asap!

Is this just a street with occasional strip visit or whats the plan for the car?

Termilvr

Established Member
Mostly weekend toy, but would like it to be well rounded, once a year take it to strip or track

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

cobracide

Established Member
I have the mm sport shocks on a conventional spring setup (Steeda sport springs). Works well on the street. Cobra R shocks are not as good in most cases. The dampening is not optimal compared to the mm custom valved sports. Talk to mm.

Last edited:

Termilvr

Established Member
I have the mm sport shocks on a conventional spring setup (Steeda sport springs). Works well on the street. Cobra R shocks are not as good in most cases. The dampening is not optimal compared to the mm custom valved sports. Talk to mm.

Did you have mm valve to your specs or did you just get there valving on the sports? Having a hard time trying to word my question without potential confusion.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sagittaria

Established Member
Bilstien Sport Valved would be ideal. I've got them on my car (However, I've got coil overs up front, but Races in the rear) and they are spectacular on the street. These were purchased from MM.

If you already have good Bilstein HDs on your car then going from those to the Sports wouldn't be worth it IMO. The only reason I went sports was my car came with QA1 adjustables on the rearalready and a messed front strut.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Did you have mm valve to your specs or did you just get there valving on the sports? Having a hard time trying to word my question without potential confusion.

They are standard mm valving sports, tighter than the HDs but are surprisingly streetable. Worth it in my opinion but you have your own budget to work with.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
From my understanding you should just call MM and talk to them about your needs and order what they tell you. There pretty friendly and will tell you what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread