best shifter betweeen triax/pro5.0

svt4cobra6

Hi, I have heard the best shifter is the mgw but I have a triax and pro 5.0, just wondering what is the best between the pro 5.0 and steeda triax? I have the triax on the car but might switch it out. Thanks?

tjs98gt

Established Member
a lot of people use the pro 5.0 with the tri-ax handle and love it. since u have both try swapping between bases and handles and see what works best for u. shifter feel is more personnel preference IMO. just like exhaust

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I had the upr Triax Knock off and hated it. I switched out to a MGW. Sold that car and bought one with a 5.0 shifter in it. I'm not going to bother switching to a mgw cuase I think (flame suit on) I like the 5.0 better. Maybe it just that I like the 5.0 eenough to not bother switching.:shrug:

svt4cobra6

I ended up using the pro 5.0 with the triax handle, best combination. Now I am trying to sell the triax with the pro 5 handle pretty cheap. Still a big improvment over stock but not sure if there are any 03,04 cobra owners left with the stock shifter!

Jroc

Established Member
Pro 5.0 with Tri-Ax handle.

I like how the MGW shift but not the handle.

03cobramanIII

Banned
i found the tri axe, which i got now. sometimes you can go into 4th instead of 6th sometimes, you got to be carfull. i dislike mine

LS1-Larry

Established Member
Sweet............I just got an MGW from my fiance this morning and now waiting for to figure my tranny issue..........and slap it all back together.
John

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I have a tri ax and I like it a lot for racing and speed shifting.... its kinda a pita for just normal driving in low rpms.

Then agian it is the only shifter I have ever had in the car and its been in there for more than 4 years so I guess I am just use to it.

Users who are viewing this thread