Best shift light?

Yellow Horse

Established Member

I've been looking on Lethal's website. I looked at a few and then googled the install. I know I can get ifo from Lethal but I hate to waste their time.

How is the install, do you come off a coil wire? Do you have to buy a module with it?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
three wires, very easy, did it on my 06GT, hardest part was snaking the wire thru the firewall and up inside the engine bay

edit - found a old post of mine

I have an older model with just the single setting, I ran the main wire through the rubber grommet just behind the clutch pedal. I then split the wire wrap a bit and ran one to the COP, one to a ground and one to power.
The hardest part was getting the wire thru the grommet and and getting the wire from within the engine bay up to top to make the connections. the grommet puts the wire behind a bracket on the chassis.

You can see the red inline clips for the COP and power in this pic, I ground it just under where the strut tower brace is. The green wire is the signal wire from the COP

raptorconnectionsrf0.jpg

Last edited:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Thanks stkjock.

I found this:

Raptor Performance-Shift Light Install Info-Mustang 2005+ 4.6L

It's a little confusing with the "PCM" note in the instructions but I think all you need to find is a "key on" source. Looks like a piece of cake. A buddy of mine bought a 2013 GT500 a few weeks ago and he's getting it modded at by a local shop. I'm not sure if I can get my done before he has his car ready. I may have to go to a few races and watch. Looks like the Raptor will be an easy install versus my 2003. Anything with the PCM like a shift light or an Abbott Speed Cal was a nightmare.

Thanks,
Yeller

fullboogie

Established Member
I'll be putting a green Raptor up for sale in the next day or so, if you are interested. Between the factory shift light/beep and the shift light on my Interceptor, I don't need the Raptor anymore. PM me if you are interested.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I'll be putting a green Raptor up for sale in the next day or so, if you are interested. Between the factory shift light/beep and the shift light on my Interceptor, I don't need the Raptor anymore. PM me if you are interested.

pffff... guess you don't shift higher then 6000? :poke:

Wharf Rat

Established Member
The last 2 Raptors I installed I didn't mess with the PCM. I did an add a fuse, used one of the grounds on the strut tower, and went directly to a coil wire. Piece of cake.

Yellow Horse

Established Member

Sorry, I ordered one a few minutes after stkjock replied.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
This one:

Raptor Shift Light Instructions

From the instructions:
SET DESIRED RPM ACTIVATION POINT USING THE TWO ROTARY SWITCHES WITH A SMALL
SCREWDRIVER.
EXAMPLE: FOR 5800 RPM = “RPM X1000” TO “5” AND “RPM X100” TO “8” (SEE FIGURE 1).
NOTE: THE RPM RANGE CAN BE DOUBLED TO A MAXIMUM OF 19,800 RPM BY DOUBLING THE CYLINDER
SELECT SWITCHES FOR YOUR VEHICLE AND SETTING THE RPM TO 1/2 OF THE DESIRED RPM
ACTIVATION POINT).

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
This one:

Raptor Shift Light Instructions

From the instructions:
SET DESIRED RPM ACTIVATION POINT USING THE TWO ROTARY SWITCHES WITH A SMALL
SCREWDRIVER.
EXAMPLE: FOR 5800 RPM = “RPM X1000” TO “5” AND “RPM X100” TO “8” (SEE FIGURE 1).
NOTE: THE RPM RANGE CAN BE DOUBLED TO A MAXIMUM OF 19,800 RPM BY DOUBLING THE CYLINDER
SELECT SWITCHES FOR YOUR VEHICLE AND SETTING THE RPM TO 1/2 OF THE DESIRED RPM
ACTIVATION POINT).

Yes, that I know. FullBoogie refered to his factory light. Not a raptor.

fullboogie

Established Member
I may, in fact, have both adjusted to 6k. Figuring in reaction time, that would put it around 6,200 rpm shift points. Now I have to go look at my setup to see what I did...

Users who are viewing this thread