Best Restaurants to try in 2010

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
So, what's everyone's favorite place.

Would *prefer* them to be local and not a chain.

Hooter's is obvious since it's in the parking lot. Actually some of the worst food we had on the trip last year. Eye candy and beer was fine :beer:

If I remember correctly, we had some Momma Mia's pizza delivered and it was good.

Probably a chain, but TBonz on the corner of 21st ave n. and hwy 17 was very good and had a few microbrews worth sampling.

I've had it mentioned that the best seafood is generally down toward Murrells Inlet.

River City Cafe was suggested, but we couldn't make it due to the massive crowd.

So, let's here the favorites. :beer:

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Rioz at Broadway is great if you want red meat. My two favorite places for seafood are Chestnut Hill and The Chesapeake House. For a couple good bars I like Ocean Annie's and Finn McCool's.

03SVTBEAST

PRICELESS
Established Member
I love Chucks Steackhouse. Its between North Myrlte and Myrtle Beach. Near the seafood place with the huge crab outside of it. Get the Filet its amazing!

Rodcobra

Established Member
Godfathers pizza and T-bonz rule ,for good seafood go to Calabash up past North M.

nicksender

Established Member
I love Chucks Steackhouse. Its between North Myrlte and Myrtle Beach. Near the seafood place with the huge crab outside of it. Get the Filet its amazing!

This....I have been going there since they opened in 1979. The steak is great along with the seafood and salad bar. The prices are reasonable and it still looks/tastes great over 30 years later.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This....I have been going there since they opened in 1979. The steak is great along with the seafood and salad bar. The prices are reasonable and it still looks/tastes great over 30 years later.

That place is really close to where I usually stay. I may have to check it out.

I'm ready for a trip to Ocean Annie's.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
J. Edwards is one of my fav's! It's a family owned restaurant and it's been there quite a while. I also love Miyabi Japanese Steakhouse. They have locations at North Myrtle and down at Murrell's Inlet; but EVERYONE I know that has eaten at both locations easily prefers the Murrell's Inlet location. Myself included.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Sticky Fingers was good last year.

also, if you like good beer, try Gordon Biersch down near the old Air base. Great food, and real good beer!

GodStang

Established Member
Angelo's Italian / Kings Hwy

We go to Myrtle Beach just to go to this place. They have an Italian buffet that is just awesome. Also have one of the best steaks I have ever had.

We also like Cheese Burger in Paradise pretty decent.

da2k17

Established Member
drunken jacks down on pawleys island. its awesome for lunch, around noon theres hardly anyone there.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Angelo's Italian / Kings Hwy

We go to Myrtle Beach just to go to this place. They have an Italian buffet that is just awesome. Also have one of the best steaks I have ever had.

We also like Cheese Burger in Paradise pretty decent.

I've been wanting to try Angelo's.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Just an update.

I decided to go down to Murrell's Inlet a couple nights.

Ate at Bovine's Steakhouse the first night. The service was great; we did make a reservation though. I had a filet and it was great. The gf had a seafood dish and it was prepared correctly and was good as well.

Next night we went to Lee's Inlet Kitchen. It's been there forever, it's more of a family dining place; however the food was excellent.

I got another filet and a fried lump-crabcake; both were excellent and the service was as well. We went pretty late (8pm) so the crowd was non-existent there and we basically had the place to ourselves.

The drive from the mall, down the the Inlet is about 35 mins. BUT you have NO traffic to get there at all. It took me that long or greater to get from the mall to Holiday Sands So. the first time I stayed there. (MB traffic suuuucks). It's also a great drive to make at sunset.

Users who are viewing this thread