best pulley for an 03 cobra

iamxero

Established Member
Alright, I know this had to have been covered a billion times. But I just got the car yesterday.

I have JLT CAI and SLPLM catback on the way right now. Looking around for a catted xpipe (catless is gonna be a lil loud)

So before I slap it on the dyno for some tuning, I would like to get the rest done. Mainly pulley

There are alot of mixed reviews. I am all about more power. So
What is the best for the price, and safety.

2.93 upper, 4lb lower seems to be pretty popular
Why not a 2.8 upper and no lower? seems cheaper

Any feedback will be very appreciated.

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
If you can afford to do the 2.93/4lb go with that. Sure the 2.8 is cheaper but you're not going to get as much boost as you will with the 2.93/4lb. Bigger is better right? More powa!!!!!

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
Just a 2.8 or a 2.76 with NO lower shouldn't overspin the eaton. You should be fine if you don't want to do a lower.... Get the idlers though.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I did the 2.8 with no lower and no idlers. I am sure i had a little bit of belt slipage but not much

asperformance

Banned
Just for the record, a 2.80 is Bigger than a 2.76, I have a 2.80 No belt slip, Have gatorback belt, Makes right at 14lbs of boost with stock lower, I'd Just run a Predator tuner or SCT tuner, don't waste good money on dyno pulls, Thes are calibrated for Pulley tunes. But if you run a lower the Predator will not work but SCT car customize yours for you car. Go 2.80 with the predator you will be happy with tha, oh you will also need to change the plugs to NGK TR6 Plugs, with about 33-35 Gap.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
^^^aren't you supposed to check your A/F as well, if you go this rout? I'm looking into getting a pulley as well, but I was always told it would be better to have a custom tune for safety reasons...

Untamed Snake

Redfire Terminator
Established Member
^^^aren't you supposed to check your A/F as well, if you go this rout? I'm looking into getting a pulley as well, but I was always told it would be better to have a custom tune for safety reasons...

After the pulley swap, first thing I did was call an setup a dyno tune, safest way to go..imo + more power & better gas mileage :beer:

iamxero

Established Member
So advantages/disadvantages to a 2.93 w lower vs just a 2.8?

I live in texas btw, it gets hot down here if that makes a difference

USBlueStage2

Established Member
I've got 2.81 pulley, no lower, SCT out of the box tune, NGK TR6, etc. Power is much better than stock. Wheel hop at times.

charger71

Established Member
find a website that sells pulleys for a good price. Go enie meanie minie moe, click add to cart, and boom. win!

As long as its not 3 something.

v8hunter

Established Member
It seems that the ultimate setup is a 2.93" upper & 4 lb lower or a 2.80" (2.76") upper & 2 lb lower. I took the cheapo approach and run a no slip 2.65" upper only with idlers. If I had to do it again I'd get the 2.93" to run before getting the blower ported then also run a 4 lb lower after running a ported blower. If I had a decent boost gauge I'd be able to tell if I had any slip with my setup...one thing I do know for sure that even with my 315 bfg drag radials traction is a problem.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
i have a 2.93 with stock lower.. i imagine a 2lb lower is one size bigger and a 4lb lower is 2 sizes bigger.. where would one go to buy one?? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread