Best price for Tremec TKX?

MG0h3

Established Member
Not sure but I’d go with Hanlon Motorsports.

Their customer service is above and beyond in my experience.

All the way across the country but when my Magnum needs a rebuild, that’s where it’s going.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ToddW702

Established Member
I used modern driveline and their customer service is too notch and when I bought it they had the same price as American power train and summit for the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I'm the opposite of Todd. I bought my TKO600 transmission kit from American Powertrain because they were cheaper than Modern Driveline.

The TKX didn't come out until after I bought my TKO.

You're probably going to have to look around to see which company has it the cheapest or has the best customer service or who ever is closet to you incase you need warranty work.

That's the only thing I don't like. Having to ship transmissions across the country if you have any issues.

I've had good luck with American Powertrain and have heard good things about Modern Driveline. So, I'm assuming it will end up being a personal choice in the end.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Adower

Established Member
Thanks everyone. Sounds like I’ll have to do some research.

May93

Established Member
I'm looking for the same transmission. I'm currently running a stock T-5 so I'll need to upgrade the bellhousing also. I see Hanlon Motorsports offers a package deal so I'm waiting for my quote for purchase.

Evidently the prices of the TKX is increasing beginning January 1st. Hopefully they'll honor my request for quote that was sent in prior to the New Years.

For those switch from a stock T-5 to a TKX what all was required to get it in and running? I see a different drive shaft yoke, a 26 spline clutch, and crossmember? Is a different clutch fork or engine plate needed?

SLOWBRA

Established Member
For those switch from a stock T-5 to a TKX what all was required to get it in and running? I see a different drive shaft yoke, a 26 spline clutch, and crossmember? Is a different clutch fork or engine plate needed?

I bought the same items as you plus a new Tremec bell housing for the TKX and the Stifflers TKX Install Kit.

Not sure when I’ll install it though. Debating building a 363 for the car or shifting over to a Coyote.

SGT MERC

Established Member
Is there anywhere near Oklahoma that sells TKX's. My current Tranny is a 4r70 from Lentec, street strip w/a Precision Industries triple disc 3k stall. It has less than 4k miles on my entire drive train, but I'm thinking of pulling everything out and going with something different.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread