Best Polished Wheel Sealer?

SpectorV

Established Member
Tried searching couldnt track down any real information. I have polished alum TF wheels (no clear coat no nothing just metal). What would work best to seal them. Car isnt driven in the rain mostly just need something to keep them from oxidizing.

Thanks for the suggestions!

SON1C

Established Member
you have many options, and I will admit I do not have much experience here.

you could use an aio, such as collinites metal wax, it polishes and protects the part at the same time, I mainly use it for polishing and protecting chrome exhaust tips

also any quality wax, sealant, or coating should work

A coating like pinnacle black label wheel coating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrffjWqxQeE#aid=P-fpysvgvDI
here is my video review on it

either routes should work well, which waxes and sealants needing more upkeep than coatings

Chewy

Established Member
Optimum Metal Polish: Optimum Metal Polish

Optimum Metal Polish is the most effective and easy to use metal polish you will ever use! It can be used to remove oxidation, scratches, and swirl marks from all metal surfaces leaving a mirror shine. Optimum Metal Polish also leaves a protective coating to protect metal surfaces from oxidation.

Optimum Metal Polish can be used by hand or with buffing machines on any metal surface. The sub-micron polishing agents and chemical cleaners work quickly to remove oxidation, scratches, and swirl marks quickly to create a flawless mirror shine.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Shineseal hands down

Got a question Matt:

I ordered a set of True Forged Rims. The face is brushed AL with clear coat, and the lips is chrome, but the part Opposite the lip on the OTHER side of the face is "raw" aluminum. What would you recommend on that. I just need a proctectant...it's not shiny or polished. That Shineseal looks a little pricey so IDK if I "need" it on raw unseen aluminum (or hardly seen). Would like to apply some type of protectant before mounting (or should I just spray Clear on it)

Thanks
RC

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Got a question Matt:

I ordered a set of True Forged Rims. The face is brushed AL with clear coat, and the lips is chrome, but the part Opposite the lip on the OTHER side of the face is "raw" aluminum. What would you recommend on that. I just need a proctectant...it's not shiny or polished. That Shineseal looks a little pricey so IDK if I "need" it on raw unseen aluminum (or hardly seen). Would like to apply some type of protectant before mounting (or should I just spray Clear on it)

Thanks
RC

pmed you :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ive got Shine Seal in stock. for less than what you normally get it for. pm me if interested :beer:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I just ordered some wheels, gonna try and seal with Zaino....see how that goes first since I have a crap ton of it in the garage already
I emailed Zaino and received a response saying it definitely can be used for sealing polished aluminum.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I just ordered some wheels, gonna try and seal with Zaino....see how that goes first since I have a crap ton of it in the garage already
I emailed Zaino and received a response saying it definitely can be used for sealing polished aluminum.

So you got new wheels and I have not heard hmmmm :poke:

Oh and how the hell did you come up with 540 torque on just a 2.93/4# lower? This I gotta know!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread