Best place to purchase Borla side exit....

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Every place I'm seen them they've been around $700. Try looking on ebay, I remember seeing a set on there fairly cheap awhile ago.

98Vobra

Established Member
95cobby said:
No, that was some dumb thought up idea.

You have to loose a little bit, the muffler is not strait, it goes out the same side it goes in, also it has a lot of bends. It looks bad ass! I would like it on my car but don't want to give up any performance?

95cobby

Established Member
98Vobra said:
You have to loose a little bit, the muffler is not strait, it goes out the same side it goes in, also it has a lot of bends. It looks bad ass! I would like it on my car but don't want to give up any performance?

If you do loose any power it won't be enough to notice. I've heard of some side exhausts actually making more power then rear exit exhaust.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I'm pretty sure it just depends on the car and the mods. I was robbed a couple horses on my old blown GT, but I LOVED have the exhaust right by my ear.

98svtconvert

Established Member
i have the ford side exhaust. it is made by borla. you might lose 3-4 rwhp at the most. most won't hurt anything but they might not gain you hp. the looks more than make up for it.

HISSN

Established Member
98svtconvert said:
i have the ford side exhaust. it is made by borla. you might lose 3-4 rwhp at the most. most won't hurt anything but they might not gain you hp. the looks more than make up for it.
I totally agree. That's why i wanted the side exit. I think the looks overcomes a few HP. I'll make that power up with a blower!!! :pepper:

98svtconvert

Established Member
i didn't put it on. the previous owner did. as far as i know all you need to do is get the side skirts painted. i have taken it on and off a few times and it is quite easy. i just took the cats off my mid pipe and put pipes in their place and the sound is much more agressive. i love it and i get a lot of comliments. plus, very few people have it. i like having something that is not mainstream. the sound and looks set the car apart from everyone elses.

Last edited:

98svtconvert

Established Member
no problem. i didn't get an o/r x-pipe. i got the basanni with cats and then just took them off and put pipes in their place it still sounded great with the cats on it, i just wanted to see what it would sound like with out them and this was the cheapest way possible. plus, now all i have to do when it comes time for inspection is put the cats back on and go. it is a lot easier to store two cats in the garage than it is to store the entire x-pipe. not everyone will like the sound w/o cats but i do.

Users who are viewing this thread