Best Place to get a Gatorback Belt?

FloridaSvt07

Established Member
Just bought a Billetflow 2.76 S/C pulley along with the idler kit. The belt length recommended says 75.1 or 75. I do not have a lower pulley setup, just the stock stuff besides idlers and S/C pulley. Do I need to get the 6-Rib belt of the 8-rib? Also where is the best place to buy a Gatorback Belt?? Thanks, Keith

Rob04SVT

Established Member
congrats on your purchase!

I can't wait to get the $1k up to buy my setup this fall. I seem to hear more good about Gates belts though, and you can get them from Lethal.

BTW, what color is your cobra, and what part of town do you live on?

EDIT: Last question, where are you going to get tuned? I hear that Tony at HP Performance is a god with '03-'04s

BelvedereGTX

Banned
autozone has the gatorback. i always liked the gatorback in my 03 cobra becuase of that unusual whine it would have at idle.That belt has a weird groove pattern that makes the car sound lke it has a centri blower or somethin

FloridaSvt07

Established Member
congrats on your purchase!

I can't wait to get the $1k up to buy my setup this fall. I seem to hear more good about Gates belts though, and you can get them from Lethal.

BTW, what color is your cobra, and what part of town do you live on?

EDIT: Last question, where are you going to get tuned? I hear that Tony at HP Performance is a god with '03-'04s
Ya I'm going to get my car tuned by Tony at HP. I have a Sonic Blue cobra with chrome inserts on the back. I live around the Jax Beach area.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Just bought a Billetflow 2.76 S/C pulley along with the idler kit. The belt length recommended says 75.1 or 75. I do not have a lower pulley setup, just the stock stuff besides idlers and S/C pulley. Do I need to get the 6-Rib belt of the 8-rib? Also where is the best place to buy a Gatorback Belt?? Thanks, Keith

You need an 8 rib, same as stock. I have the same set-up. The belt length is the same as the stock belt so I'm just using the stock belt.

Last edited:

FloridaSvt07

Established Member
Thanks MikeC. Is it the 10-rib that most people use for the wider belt, but I heard you need a different alternator pulley along with a lower.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
You'll find that the GBs tend to stretch and slip if you're needing a pretty tight belt. The NAPA and Gates will hold much better although after a while they tend to squeak/ chirp but only during warmup.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
ok thanks guys, im going to pick one up this week at Advanced Auto Parts.

my advanced auto parts ppl told me they didn't sell them, i went to autozone and got it then . . . 21 bucks :rockon:

don't know if Advanced sells them or not. . . :rollseyes

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
FYI, if you're wanting the old style gatorback belt they have a revised belt that no longer makes the whine noise. The only place that sells them/sold them last time I ordered (old version) was lfp.

Users who are viewing this thread