best place for insurance?

Dib14gt

Established Member
My cobra is not my daily. It's garage keep and only out on nice days. I currently have it insured with State Farm and think it's to damn high. It's fully covered as I still owe on it. Who are you guys going with? Does grundy and some of the other collectors car companies cover our cars?

Steve Cea

Established Member
Heacock classic insurance to me is by far the best !! I have my 7,000 mile 03 Cobra and my dad's ( may he RIP ) classic Cadillac on the same policy ! Full coverage including glass and towing , no mileage restrictions, low deductible and a 35k agreed value on the Cobra !!! Just under $400 for the entire year for both cars !!

www.heacockclassic.com

Sent from my SM-N950U using svtperformance.com mobile app

snakedoctor

Established Member
Are there any restrictions on when and where you drive it? I had Grundy but they flat out told me that I couldn't drive it to Walmart or the gym....Really the only places I drive it

speedoflife

Established Member
Are there any restrictions on when and where you drive it? I had Grundy but they flat out told me that I couldn't drive it to Walmart or the gym....Really the only places I drive it
I know what insurance I'll never purchase.... I was reading up on Hagerty and they seem relatively lenient on usage. Can't speak from experience, though.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I know what insurance I'll never purchase.... I was reading up on Hagerty and they seem relatively lenient on usage. Can't speak from experience, though.
I had a nice Fox Mustang with them three years ago, but of course not worth much, and just insured a Terminator with them in the past two months. Pricier than the Heacock quote above, but they at least are more relaxed on mileage restrictions than they were a few years ago.

I'll be checking out Heacock for my renewal. I read some sketchy stuff about Grundy losing their classic car insurance business to the company they had underwriting it a few years ago, then getting it back. There are a few unhappy people out on the web with Grundy right now.

Users who are viewing this thread