Best place for Built Longblock and install near Jacksonville, NC?

castellscl

Established Member
I'm getting back from Iraq the beginning of next year and want to go built.
My plan is to get stuff ordered and built before I leave country then when I come back to the state, drive my truck to a near by builder/installer then get to the nearest airport and fly to Texas for leave. That way all the work could get done while I'm on leave and once my leave is over fly back to the same airport and drive the truck back to my home in Jacksonville, NC.

I'm looking to get a built long block with mild cams and head work installed with 60# injectors and some pumps put in the tank while it's there. And maybe some long tubes if money permits. Of course it would also get tuned before I picked her up too. I don't really want to go over $15,000 from the time I drop it off until the time I pick it up drive back home.. Have I forgotten anything, and does all this sound possible?

So for my biggest question, is there a reputable location within ~8 hrs of Jacksonville, NC that could accomplish this request?

RMoore92

Established Member
You could order a JDM or JLP longblock and have a shop do the installation with the pumps and injectors near your home. Just my thoughts.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
JLP or JDM is not too far... definetly worth the distance. JDM has there own trailer that will travel damn near anywhere. They can come grab your truck bring it up there and even bring it back for you after all the work is done. I had them pick my truck up from my house when I blew the head gaskets. Then I went there and picked it up when it was done.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
Given your situation.. I'd suggest JDM. They are not cheap but they are very good and you'll have a solid "turn key" truck when you arrive to pick it up.

There may be others in your area.. I don't know.

Regards, Rich

silver diver

Established Member
Have you ever heard of Fastlane Motorsports in Raliegh? I was refered to them off of NLOC when I was looking for a place close to Bragg to tune my truck. They did a really good job with my tune. I bought a Whipple on this rotation and haven't decided if I'm going to let them tune it again or go with one of the big names. I like the idea of them being a hour away and being highly recomended. I know there is one guy with a black L that they built and tuned and it's over 600hp, I think his screen name on LR and NLOC is Crazy Carl.

armycook1981

Established Member
they tuned my turbo truck i bought from a guy in raliegh. I had PSI out of houston retune it and the only problem i think they mentioned was that it was running in open loop or something( the one that doesnt allow the pc to compensate for different temp's)

silver diver

Established Member
Another option and the one that I decided to go with is AVT Performance in Conway, SC, it's right outside Myrtle Beach. I have gotten nothing but good reviews from everybody about them when it comes to Lightnings. Best of luck with whoever you decide to go with.

Fight4Food

Pearce's Performance
Established Member
Fastlane Motorpsports is the way to go bro! I've got my "melvin special" dropping in the shop as we speak. I cannot even process the words to describe their attention to detail, build quality, customer service, tuning,etc. They are THE best shop in NC - PERIOD!!! Check them out .... Fastlane Motorsports

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
PM your # to me and I will have Rick give you a call..

I would talk to all the places suggested and go from there..I dont think you could go wrong with any of them..

Users who are viewing this thread