Best performing springs

Vegas5OH

Established Member
I have had a few sets of springs on my car, FRPP Ks, Eibach sportlines, and now I am running H&R super sports. Long story short, my car performs like a pig. It does not hook worth a shit, and going around corners the ass skips and hops around alot. I am scared to even take off ramps to quick because the car is so unpredictable. Forget about trying to race, my bolt on car got pulled multiple times by a bone ass stock one and made me look like an idiot because I am currently unable to go WOT under 50 mph without making a smoke show. I have come to the conclusion that being lowered 2.4 inches looks killer but performs like a turd, I mean my car is less than an inch off the already shorter than stock eibach bumpstops. Only reason I changed from the K springs originally was because my 05-09 STR.T struts made WAY to much rake on my car. I want to keep the car lowered around 1.5 inches with not too much rake. So my plan is to buy another set of K springs along with a set of the new 11+ struts from Koni to correct my gripe with the rake I had before. BUT I have heard that there are springs that perform better than the Ks. I dont care about ride quality at all, I am looking for performance. Should I stick with the Ks or what do you guys recommend for the best performance spring with the same 1.5 drop as Ks? Might go ahead and get the yellows this time too.

11socal50

Established Member
Do you have aftermarket lower control arms? Relocation brackets? If not, get them, they will help with traction.
Also what tires are you running

86Fbody

Established Member
I would def get the Yellows as they should handle the drop much better, should be able to keep the springs you currently have with some better shocks. Also, like everyone else has asked, what have you done to correct the geometry after lowering the car. If you did nothing to lower the LCA's then you are forcing the axle to raise every time you nail it, which is probably where your spin and hop is coming from.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I would def get the Yellows as they should handle the drop much better, should be able to keep the springs you currently have with some better shocks. Also, like everyone else has asked, what have you done to correct the geometry after lowering the car. If you did nothing to lower the LCA's then you are forcing the axle to raise every time you nail it, which is probably where your spin and hop is coming from.

That is what i am running the new Yellows with H&R race springs on my notch with IRS rear it handles like a beast

Vegas5OH

Established Member
Cool thanks guys. Right now am running 285/35/19 invo tires with a J&M panhard and a steeda UCA to correct my pinion. I am pretty sure I am going to go with a set of 11+ yellows with H&R race springs, J&M lower control arms and some relo brackets. Only thing is idk if relo brackets will fit with my eibach sway bars. Guess I will find out

this is the clearance I have in the back lol

20140418_132325_zpsmkfoubqo.jpg

jojobee

Established Member
Just installed MM camber plates with Koni yellows and Steeda comp springs.

This was highly recommended by Sam Strano given that my car is heavier in the front with the blower.

I only drove the car 20 miles from BPS to the paint shop for my hood but it looks very promising.
I will hit the track in 2 weeks and have avery good idea then.

draxxus131

Established Member
Quick side note to throw at you, your koni struts will lower your front end 0.5 inches more than any other strut on the market, It's because of the perch design. That may be the main reason you noticed a rake to your vehicle.

draxxus131

Established Member
Ya J&M makes some great suspension components, snag a LCA with easy adjustment, that way you don't have to keep taking it off.

Users who are viewing this thread