Best Pads And Rotors To Buy?

sct12

Established Member
I am sure that has been asked and answerd but I cant use the search feature at work. I am going to a road course and am looking to upgrade my brakes before then. I want some good pads and rotors for street and strip. Im looking to spend some money but not over 700 or so. What are the best crossed drilled rotors to get any ideas?

I asked this in the suspension form but didnt get much response.

prttyboyfloyd

Established Member
beleive it or not, i just picked up slotted and cross drilled rotors from AC delco for 40 bucks a peice. They look like there pretty decent. I found em at work. IT was the same price as regualr rotors. Pads the hawk hps are supposed to be decent.

AaronK

Established Member
beleive it or not, i just picked up slotted and cross drilled rotors from AC delco for 40 bucks a peice. They look like there pretty decent. I found em at work. IT was the same price as regualr rotors. Pads the hawk hps are supposed to be decent.

Not bad at all! Where did you get those from?

sct12

Established Member
Just my opinion but I have seen alot of cheap rotors warp very quickly. I was looking to get something to handle fast street and some track use.

AaronK

Established Member
EBC makes some nice slotted ones for a decent price... their pads aren't bad either

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I just put Power Slot slotted front rotors, EBC redstuff pads and Russell lines in the front of my car. Brake-in is messy and noisy but EBC says both will go away after a few hundred miles. I also installed Speed Bleeders which are awesome!

yellowgt02

Established Member
I have Baer DecelaRotors along with Hawk HPS Pads.

They provide excellent stopping power, and would be suitable for both street/strip applications. I have read that people find the HPS Pads noisy, but IMO they are.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
Heard of them but have you used their stuff or know someone who has? I havn't heard much about them...

Just ordered set premium rotors after looking into them, alot of guys on here have them and they all see to like them plus like I said they seem like great quality for the money

RCMPSVT

Established Member
Heard of them but have you used their stuff or know someone who has? I havn't heard much about them...

Just ordered set premium rotors after looking into them, alot of guys on here have them and they all see to like them plus like I said they seem like great quality for the money

Users who are viewing this thread