Best Pads And Rotors To Buy?

sct12

Established Member
I am sure that has been asked and answerd but I cant use the search feature at work. I am going to a road course and am looking to upgrade my brakes before then. I want some good pads and rotors for street and strip. Im looking to spend some money but not over 700 or so. What are the best crossed drilled rotors to get any ideas?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Do the Brembo slotted then.. they look nice

ccw7.gif
ccw8.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I agree the plain Brembo from Tire-Rack is your best bet for both the front and rear.

Of course the slotted ones are cool looking and as a bonus the slotted Brembos come with zinc plating. But damn you are paying a healthy premium for that! :eek:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Im running Brembo drilled frt and rear with stainless brake lines. Off topic but what wheels do you have 03 Dsg Snake? Nvr mind just saw your sig. Can i see some pics of the wheels. Im getting Brembos also and need to sell the classics.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Im running Brembo drilled frt and rear with stainless brake lines. Off topic but what wheels do you have 03 Dsg Snake? Nvr mind just saw your sig. Can i see some pics of the wheels. Im getting Brembos also and need to sell the classics.

Why do you need to sell the Classics just because you're getting Brembos!?! :shrug:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Get the factory rotors. They are made by Brembo and are very durable. I have used EBC yellow pads for several OT sessions. They work great, make less dust than stock, and make no noise. I would also install brake cooling ducts and flush your brake fluid. The factory Ford brake fluid is actually pretty good stuff. I would stay with it untill you are ready to spend $15 a bottle and really need it. If you're just starting out, you won't. If you have to have slotted, I have been running the Powerslot rotors with great results.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I run the hawk pads mentioned earlier and like them... also, since your gonna be in there, grab a set of stainless steel brake lines... you'll be happy you did!

getleftcobra

CAN U READ DA PLATE!!!
Established Member
do you hav the part number for the brembo rotors. there are some many different rotors i dont know which one to pick. also if you have the part number for hawk pad that would help too. if anyone can help can you just pm me please.

Users who are viewing this thread