Best Off-The-Shelf Bug & Tar Remover?

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My girlfriend's dad just purchased an Equinox a few months ago and I'm going to surprise him by claybaring and waxing it while he's out of town. There's lots of bugs on the front bumper, and I was just curious what you guys recommended for bug & tar remover that I can buy "off the shelf" at Napa, Advance Auto, etc. I don't want to clog up my clay bar with it, and I'd like to have something I can use when I'm spot cleaning the daily between washes. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I've tried most of the off the shelf bug removers and they are crap. Son1c posted a video a while back with this stuff and I bought some right after he posted the review. I will tell you it is the shiznit for sure. I have never used it on tar, but it will help with bug removal for sure. I have heard that stoners tar removal is awesome for tar removal, but I have never used it.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Auto-Finesse-Citrus--Grime-Remover--1-Liter_p_774.html

for bug guts, order some of it and don't look back.

oh, here is his video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0mmr8RTun0

Last edited:

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Thanks. I may order some of the Auto Finesse stuff. I might try Stoner's, too...I love their glass cleaner. I've read that it can haze plastic so I'll just have to be careful. I might just use both, one for tar and one for bugs. Thanks so much you guys!

Last edited:

tbev

Established Member
Im personally a fan of dawn for that. If its extra bad hit it with some simple green but be sure to rise it quickly and thoroughly.

Users who are viewing this thread