Best niche restaurant in your area?

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Well in my local area of Pittsburgh Primanti Brothers is our niche restaurant. What do you guys have to offer in your cities? I do a lot of traveling so I would love to know where to stop for some good food.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Angus bar sounds good to me. I randomly make trips down to Durham to watch the Dukies play so maybe i'll swing in for some food.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
i gotta say I was not impressed with Primanti Brothers. it left much to be desired. of course all of western PA leaves much to be desired. clean that hole up, it smells bad

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
i gotta say I was not impressed with Primanti Brothers. it left much to be desired. of course all of western PA leaves much to be desired. clean that hole up, it smells bad

And even though I went to PSU for two years I wish Joe Pa wouldn't crap himself in the middle of a game. But your right Pittsburgh is nothing special to talk about.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
l_8f7fc66268ea85b1d7774802826b2ffb.gif

Seriosly..One of my favorites was the 94th Areo Squadron...

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Well we had our 75th anniversery tonight at Primanti Brothers and it went great. Who doesn't love sandwiches with fries coleslaw tomato, and your choice of meat. If any of you want to grab a good meal in Pittsburgh i'll treat you to a good time.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
There is a great "Burger" place in Tampa. It is a nice restaurant that serves all types of unique burgers, including Kobe Beef Burger, Sushi Grade Tuna Burger, Crab Cake Burger, etc. Plus they offer a small sampler selection. It is quite awesome.

scottminot

Established Member
Damn I love Primanti Brothers! There have been times when I had such a craving for one of their sandwiches that I drove and hour and a half to Pittsburgh to get one. Getting a craving right now!

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
There is a great "Burger" place in Tampa. It is a nice restaurant that serves all types of unique burgers, including Kobe Beef Burger, Sushi Grade Tuna Burger, Crab Cake Burger, etc. Plus they offer a small sampler selection. It is quite awesome.

That sounds pretty awesome

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Charlie's Steak House in Oak Grove, KY. Been there since '58 or so. A Greek famliy owns it now. The steaks are just incredible, and I brag about my own steaks. The potatoes are awesome. Plus the blue cheese dressing on the salads make my mouth water like CSD's neighbors late night fun make his water! And if you have room, the strawberry shortcake is great!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

Do tell!

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
hmmm, here in Springfield, IL id say D&Js is one of my favorite locals, but a bigger place that is just straight badass for our famous Horseshoes is darcey's pint (sp?)

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
Here in El Paso, tx we have Cattleman's Steakhouse, which is in far east el paso. ITs has excellent steaks and is agreat place to take the kids with its petting zoo right on the ranch. Another good place is Billy Crews which is just in between Texas and New Mexico in far west el paso. Has a great wine selection and excellent steaks. A very romantic place to eat.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
there's various one's depending on your preference..Dreamland Barbeque is one of the best ribs joints in Bama around, hands down. melt off the bone soft, sop it up with a complimentary loaf of bread..since opening in 58, they've expanded their pallet to be more diverse, but the home location, is still in the lil shack in the middle of the projects, it's always been.

your staple is a side of ribs, and bread to soak up your excess sauce..no frills, jus damn good ribs.
ain't nothin like Dreamland In T-town on game day with a ice cold beer.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Back home in Indiana the best places to eat is either Coney Island Hot Dogs or Powers Hamburgers. Here in No. VA the best place to eat is Five Guys. I'll tell you what Five Guys fans, if you ever go to Fort Wayne, Five Guys has NOTHING on Powers.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Awful Aurthurs Oyster Bar, where tourists from New Jersey can rub shoulders with toothless locals eating local oysters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread