Best New Android Phone

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
So the time has come to for a new phone. I have an old unlimited contract with Verizon and will be buying the phone out right. The first thing I will do is root the phone and activate the WiFi tether. Ability to do both of these is a must.

What say the SVTP droid gods?

bit

Established Member
GS6 is coming out on April 11th just in case you can wait. Looks sweet!
I can wait, but I am a little weary. The GS5 was difficult to root and the boot loader is still locked. Additionally, I don't think there is a root for the latest update to the GS5. I like what I am hearing about the GS6 I am just not wanting to buy an expensive phone that the manufacture has complete control over.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I think Android Central could give you a much better idea of what you're after....

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The best android I had was the G3. The samsung s5 that I owned sucked ass. It was defective and samsung would not fix it. s6 is losing the main reasons people stay with android.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Droid Turbo. All the hardware of the nexus 6(identical processor/ram/graphics), way bigger battery, smaller screen (nexus is too big for phone IMO) and best of all Motorola call quality and signal strength, not to mention their phones always seem tougher to me.

4k, 3900+ mah battery, 3 gigs of ram, turbo charger (best thing ever) quad core, water resist, motion and face detect... Pretty much has it all.

Also, although it sounds like a negative moto is notoriously slow at bringing out the next android version on their phones. One look at the nexus issues with android 5.0 and you can see its a good thing they wait and get it right.

bit

Established Member
Nexus 6. Samsung's phones are so buggy it's ridiculous.

Droid Turbo. All the hardware of the nexus 6(identical processor/ram/graphics), way bigger battery, smaller screen (nexus is too big for phone IMO) and best of all Motorola call quality and signal strength, not to mention their phones always seem tougher to me.

4k, 3900+ mah battery, 3 gigs of ram, turbo charger (best thing ever) quad core, water resist, motion and face detect... Pretty much has it all.

Also, although it sounds like a negative moto is notoriously slow at bringing out the next android version on their phones. One look at the nexus issues with android 5.0 and you can see its a good thing they wait and get it right.
Both of these look like good ideas. I will look into these more.

Do either of you have your phone rooted?

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
So the time has come to for a new phone. I have an old unlimited contract with Verizon and will be buying the phone out right. The first thing I will do is root the phone and activate the WiFi tether. Ability to do both of these is a must.

If you have an upgrade available on Verizon you CAN use it AND keep your unlimited. I was able to do this a few months back when the N4 came out on Verizon using Best Buy's website. http://slickdeals.net/f/6964624-upgrade-and-keep-your-unlimited-data-with-verizon?

As for a phone, my wife has the Droid Turbo and has said nothing but good things about it. The S6 and HTC M9 are worth checking out, too.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Mine is not rooted. I see no reason to do so. Runs nearly flawlessly, fast, and does everything I want to do.

Blown 89

Established Member
The Moto X was the first phone to get 5.0 lollipop.... They got it before us Nexus owners did. Yeah, Google really screwed up with lolipop. It's comical how bad lollipop is.

Do either of you have your phone rooted?
I had my nexus rooted but I'm back to stock. Routing doesn't add any groundng breaking functionality IMO and custom ROMs are so buggy and broken is not with the headache.

I'm going to look into rooting my wife Note Edge... That phone needs it in the worse way. Bloat, lagging, freezing....

94_Vert

Established Member
The first thing I will do is root the phone and activate the WiFi tether. Ability to do both of these is a must.

You can do a mobile hotspot without rooting now. My last 2 phones did it fine out of the box.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Samsung and Moto phones I believe have a locked bootloader so you can only do so much and be temp root only I believe. HTC looks to be the best for rooting and is a similared spec’d phone as the GS6 but the design is meh…… So best new android phone will really have to depend on the person.

Users who are viewing this thread