Best mufflers for LOUD,Deep tone

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
Damn GtownMACH, I was totally for the Borla Stingers, but I think that video just changed my mind! That sounds great!!

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I have an O/R Prochamber into LM2 mufflers and it is deep as hell. It feels like you are being punched in the chest when standing behind it while revving. I dont have any vids of it though. Most of the vids I have seen muffle it a lot though as it is alot louder in person. I had a Bassani OR/X and it was louder under part throttle but raspy as hell.

Last edited:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
i'm tellin you man, stay way from the resonator type mufflers. All the ones you listed in your 1st post or "glasspack" type resonators. Don't get me wrong, they can sound alright... but it sounds like you want the good old fashioned chambered muffler tone. If can find a way to hear an O/R prochamber with flowpaths in person, you'll love it. Loud as hell but no popping like an x-pipe with resonators.

here, this will help you.. YouTube - 03 cobra with prochamber & mac 2.5in ss catback

exactly! One of my favorite setups.. Too bad we didn't get to hear a WOT pass.

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
I love the sound of Mustangs with the Flowmaster "American Thunder" Cat-back which I have had on 2 previous Mustang. GtownMACH that Cobra sounds damn good. I may be opting for a setup like that.

Last edited:

ellis4

Established Member
I run an O/R prochamber, and a 2.5" exhaust. If you search for my vids on youtube (username fitzbag, the videos look like shit, but you can still hear the car).

I'd link them now, but I can't because youtube is blocked over here. I'm going to take some better videos, because I get compliments all the time cruising around. Sounds BEAST under partial throttle, really deep. I dont like the way it sounds under full throttle so I'm probably going to be going to stingers when I get my whipple in October :)

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
Mack45, when you say "pure sex"... now, i have a magnaflow c/b and just ordered a upr o/r xpipe... i want my car to be obnoxiously loud, will this xpipe make my car sound THAT much different? or will i just lose some torque?

HamMach1

Established Member
Mack45, when you say "pure sex"... now, i have a magnaflow c/b and just ordered a upr o/r xpipe... i want my car to be obnoxiously loud, will this xpipe make my car sound THAT much different? or will i just lose some torque?

Any O/R x-pipe will absolutely make your car about 15x louder. I have Magnapacks and I went from a catted x-pipe to an O/R x-pipe and I noticed a difference but not a big one. Then I swapped my catted x-pipe back on for inspection and that's when I realized just how much louder the O/R x-pipe.

Mac L/T's, VRS offroad X, and Mac catback > all!!!!!!!

We're going to need a clip brah.

Mack45

TERMN8 U
Established Member
(Vinchenzo51) If you go O/R X you will lose some torque and def notice the difference however, the car will sound like a raped Ape (in a good way). You will def get the heads turning and comments. Just last night I pulled into a Hess Gas station and had some import doushbaggs commenting on how badass I sounded pulling in.. It's def not for everyone--but it works for me!

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
loud and deep.. o/r midpipe (deepest will be prochamber) and a 3" catback. MAC or Bassani.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
+1, I have the MRT catted H with Super 44's. Sounds like I have about 200 extra cubic inches under the hood. Its probably the deepest tone you can get with an OHC Ford motor.

Volatile

Destroyer of Alternators
Established Member
I had a Pypes O/R X and a Mac Flowpath catback on my Mach, and it sounded mean, but to me it just didn't sound ballsy enough. I bought my Cobra with the O/R X and Stingers, and I absolutely love it. I get complimented almost daily on how nasty it sounds.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
MRT Catted H pipe Flowmasters American Thunder Catback. It doesnt get a deeper than that my man.

sounds clips or ban!

+1, I have the MRT catted H with Super 44's. Sounds like I have about 200 extra cubic inches under the hood. Its probably the deepest tone you can get with an OHC Ford motor.

same for you!

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I have super 40s on my car with stock H-pipe and it sounds good but I've been wanting a new mid pipe for years. My car sounds good but I need more volume, thinking about a ProChamber or the MRT-H? Also I heard Magna Packs for the first time the other day with stock H-pipe on a 2V GT and they sounded awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread