Best muffler for a turbo car??

Westcoast

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a single jpc kit with cut out in the downpipe. Looking for a mellow muffler that sounds good under boost. Car has corsas on it presently and I not liking the sound st cruise or under boost.
Thanks in advance for opions/experience.

5lho

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a single jpc kit with cut out in the downpipe. Looking for a mellow muffler that sounds good under boost. Car has corsas on it presently and I not liking the sound st cruise or under boost.
Thanks in advance for opions/experience.

If you must run a muffler at all, nothing chambered. It needs to be a straight-through design for turbo.

kingcobra323

Established Member
I added a set of pypes m80s 3" as resonators to my kooks AB mellowed out sound some

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

kingcobra323

Established Member
I had them installed where stock resonators were uploadfromtaptalk1462163183822.jpguploadfromtaptalk1462163225661.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Brezick

Established Member
I use the Roush AB's, and have cutouts waiting to go in for when the power actually matters. They are pretty tame but noticeable and no drone.

Westcoast

Established Member
Will do, still undecided. I have the dump for track use, just want it quiet on the street until under good boost. Would no mufflers at all be good? Also was looking at the pypes muffler delete kit? Looks like the tail pipes are an integrated resonator.

5lho

Established Member
Depeds on how much drone you can stand. The turbo will quiet it down some but, it'll still likely be there.

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For a conservative muffler that sounds great, you could use one of our oval units. They use a straight-through design for the best performance, and keeps the tone sounding nice and deep!

Westcoast

Established Member
I have a local parts store that has a set of 15151 axle backs in stock, your website says they are straight thru design.

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a local parts store that has a set of 15151 axle backs in stock, your website says they are straight thru design.

That's correct! For the most part, all of our mufflers will use a straight-through design because of its superior flow characteristics and less heat retention.

Users who are viewing this thread