Best mods?

tms217

Established Member
I now have 1800 miles on my 2001 Cobra and I wanted to find out what the best mods are. I plan on getting a SC in a year so I would like to get mods that will work now and then. What is the best Shifter? Do underdrives work with an SC or does the boost get hurt? Are there any chips that can cheaply be reprogrammed for an SC? Any other help would be great.

I also would like to know if anyone knows where I can get the stickers to fill in the embossed COBRA on the bumper.

Terry

kwiksnake

Established Member
If you plan on getting a s/c, don't get the pulleys. It will hurt the boost, and the hp you lose in the boost is greater than the hp you gain by the pulleys. Any s/c you get comes with the chip so I wouldn't waste my money on that now. What you could do for now that will help you later is 1) 3.73 or 4.10 gears, 2)high flow X or H pipe, 3) Headers(long or short), and 4) a new cat back system. Make sure you get at least a 2.5 inch exhaust system, 3 is better though.

Matt_Sterbator

Established Member
With gears you will need a compensator box or a chip to calibrate the speedo.

If you get a off road X/H pipe, you will need the MIL eliminators or a chip to turn off the check engine light.

Any mail order chip isn't going to be as good as one that is tuned on a dyno. That includes chips from SC companies. If you get a SC, have the car dyno tuned and the chip burned on the dyno. You'll get the most from the SC, and the chip will be tuned for YOUR combo.

I wouldn't trust a mail order chip with a supercharger, have it tuned. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread