Best Mods for New Edge Cobras?

VETTKLR

Established Member
Besides nitrous, what's the best mods out there for these quad-cammers?

I got a buddy that's wanting to lay some smack down on some LS-1 punks around town, and he wants to get some input from y'all. :beer:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Full length subframes are a great place to start, 99/01s react to mods just about like the venerable 5.0s except they rev higher than any stock 5.0 can do safely. Underdrives, exhaust and a Cool air intake are good performance mods also. If he wants to beat LS1 without juice or boost then he needs to look into porting his stock intake/heads, install a set of new bumpsticks and a set of longtubes wouldnt hurt either. Get rid of the stock 3.27 gears in favor of 4.30s, suspension will also need upgrading, especially the IRS. Wheel hop is a major problem.

NXSVTCOBRA

building a forged motor.... stock crank, manley rods, mahle pistons (11.5:1 cr)

bolt-ons:
-NX wet kit 150 shot (will be 200 shot on new motor)
-Diablo flip-chip, custom tuned
-just ordered a JLT RAI
-had BBK LT's and Catted H-pipe, sold em to someone on the board, im going with shorties and an o/r x pipe now
-pro 5-0 shifter
-26 spline input shaft upgrade on the 3650 tranny
-built rear-end going in whenever i stop being lazy.... 31 spline trac-loc, 31 spline mosers, FRPP 4:10's, aluminum driveshaft, MAK control arms
-centerforce clutch
i think thats it :shrug:

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
Trev, with a JLT CAI, underdrive pullies and Magnaflow Catback, I got 312/311. I now have a Prochamber and Predator tune to go with it. I guess (sotp feel) it is higher now. I have not dyno'd it with the predator and prochamber, and never will as I pick up my new 04 Cobra tomorrow. Sorry, I feel like a traitor, but you can get 'em below invoice right now and I have no will power. I will have a few things for sale...I'll let you know...

Rick

NXSVTCOBRA

LS1 KLR said:
wish i had the money to do all of that... im looking for the best mods for the money

its all about smart shopping, i am the most budget type shopper you could find...... but if you're just looking to spend a few hundred bucks, buy some gears and a used nitrous kit, keep it @ 100 shot and you'd be satisfied

NXSVTCOBRA

01BlueCOBRA said:
well i be ok with a 75shot wetkit with my stock injectors ?? and MAF ??

yeah, nothing more than 100 shot though, anything more than 100 shot you have to start screwing around with the timing on these cars..... its not like the old 5-oh where you could spray a 200 shot on a stock bottom and stock computer!

Users who are viewing this thread