Best mass air and throttle body for 1994 Cobra

94Cobraa

Established Member
Looking to upgrade the mass air meter and throttle body on my newly aquired 1994 Cobra. It currently has all stock induction with full exhaust (unequal shorties, h-pipe and flowmasters) and 3.73 gears. I took it to Moroso and ran a best of 14.1@100. (2.2-3 60', these cars are hard to get off the line!) I am looking to break the 100 mph barrier! I used the C&L 76mm on my last 1993 LX 5.0, and it was flawless! I understand that the mass air on the Cobra is calibrated for 19# injectors. So I guess I would get a C&L for 19#s. Anyway, any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Vnomss1

Established Member
No dude.
Mass Air on '94 Cobra's are set to 24lb injectors.
you should have 24s stock.

I went with a BBK 75mm T-Body
and a Pro-M 77mm MAF
Works good with 36lb injectors

94svt5.0

Established Member
Your MAF needs to be calibrated for 19lb injectors. The computer does all the conversion work for the stock 24 lb injectors.

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
94-95 cobras have 24 lbs injectors, but the mass air is cal'd for 19 lbs injectors. As 94svt5.0 stated. You might want to change the computer or get a chip instead. The computer sucks for performance in the 94-95. I choosen the PIH way and it has worked great. With h-pipe, 3.73's, PIH, ProM77, pullies, msd, on street tires I ran a [email protected] on street tires and stock suspension minus the front sway bar. Then I put the E cam and shorty headers in with an alumnium driveshaft and ran a [email protected] with street tires and stock suspension. The best mod is to learn how to drive better. I would get the best time ever at the track just to beat it a week later. Not changing anything.
later
john

94Cobraa

Established Member
Very impressive times! Is the PIH difficult to install? I have heard good and bad from it. In your case, all good! I have considered that or a custom chip, all after I do the mass air meter. Dang, your mph is unreal! All with stock heads..

94cobra

Established Member
94cobraa,
I know where you can get a PIH for a good price. With the mass air and MSD. It's not that hard to install, I could offer asssistance via e-mail.
If you are interested e-mail me.
later
john

fiveoh

Established Member
94 cobra
How much does it cost and could i do it myself. I know u have to get an ignition but besides that do u need anything else? Also what were your times before the pih?

94cobra

Established Member
The PIH isn't that hard to install. If you lived near me I would help you, or if you don't I would still help (e-mail). My buddy has the first generation PIH which is the one I have. I heard it is the best version. He is selling it for I think 600 bucks. That is PIH, used MSD, and pro-m bullet 75mm.

I had h-pipe and cat back exhaust and nothing else. The car ran 14.3@98. Then I put the PIH in with the Prom77 and MSD. The car ran [email protected] and the track temp was 105.

Besides the MSD you will need to get a mass air cal'd for 24lbs injectors, because the stock mass air in the 94-95 cobras is cal'd for 19lbs. The reason is for the change in computers.

Scream'nCobra
The PIH is a computer, module, and harness that allows use of the fox body computers in the 94-95 5.0's. The stock 94-95 computers retard timing at 94 mph and during shifting.

later
john

94svt5.0

Established Member
So, the PIH is good for about half a second in the 1/4 in good weather? So the cam, pullies and driveshaft got you from 14.1 to 12.8?

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Thank you 94cobra. Does this affect getting a custom chip at all? The PIH sounds like a good idea, but i plan on getting a chip in the near future. Does it have anything to do with a chip?

94cobra

Established Member
94svt5.0
It took a little more than cam, pullies, and driveshaft. The headers helped along with the 3.73's. And driving helped also. Especially the 1.87 60 foots I can cut with the stock suspension and street tires (not DR's).

Scream'nCobra
The PIH has nothing to do with the a chip. It's a swap of computers with a few other things.

If anyone is interested my friend has a PIH kit with ProM75 bullet and MSD for sale. Just e-mail me for details.

later
john

Users who are viewing this thread