Best LT Headers???

Bullitt4859

Established Member
Ive got a 2001 Mustang GT and I have been researching longtube headers and a OR X midpipe. So what in yalls opinon is the best set of LT's for a manual GT???

nhancedsvt

Established Member
a friend of mine has bbk and they sound really good. i think his car is an '02 manual so it should sound the same...

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
depends on what your looking for, a set of stainless steel headers is the way to go because you dont have to worry about them rusting out or anything like other headers, but your gonna pay for those. I know SLP's L/T headers are around $800 and the midpipe is around $400 now I believe or $450, but its all stainless steel

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
ceramic coated ones are nice also. I think the performance is around the same for all of them. I also reccommend that you get a K-member and swap all of that out at once, since you pretty much have to drop the K member to get the headers on (or so I have been told)

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
Bassani i think makes some good ones. I know a guy down here has MAC l/t's on his 04 GT and he loves them, said they are well worth the money

bradass31

Established Member
I've got BBK LT's on my 03, I think that I've heard good and bad about every different brand but I really like my BBK's. Went with ceramic and they still look great- although I dont drive the car that much-
Here's a pic of my setup
mustangs.jpg

03Honda_Hunter

Established Member
i've got mac LT's on mine and i love 'em. i was planning on running an all SLP setup, but i got mac LT's and a new midpipe for less than the SLP LT's would have been by themself. after my experience w/SLP i'd be a little leary. it's not the performance that i didn't like b/c that was there. the fitment on my x pipe and catback was horrible. the x scraped on EVERYTHING. after the switch to my mac setup i think i've scraped once and that was on a mountain of a speed bump, so i'd hardly count that.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
really? mine fits very well, extremely well actually. The SLP is lower than stock thats for sure, kinda like a fitment with l/t's on.

Bullitt4859

Established Member
what kind of rwhp gains were some of yall getting with the setups?? I looking for good drive ability(scraping etc) and good horsepower

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
scraping is inevitable especially if your lowered. Its one of those things where you crawl over speed bumps, when the road goes to a sharp incline, slow down. Just be smart. Ive scraped a few times but nothing more than a cringe and get over it. Also (at least on mine) the mufflers (flows) hang lower than the collectors and are about even with the cats.

GT_Jim

Established Member
I dont really know how good they are, but they are cheap and made the same as the Holley LT's...Flowtech, you can look them up pretty easy on Summit racing...not bad imo for 250ish bucks

Users who are viewing this thread