Best lower control arm and why?

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
BMR.. well known, non adj, get poly bushings on both ends for less driveline noise.

johnjon87

Established Member
ytejuhyp.jpg

a2a3ugur.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Check out the Bob's units. I recommend you give a call to Revan Racing and talk with Van. He is a distributor of many brands and will make sure you get what is best for you with long term goals in mind.

Bobsblackcontrolarms.jpg

3-controlarmsoncar.jpg

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
If i could do it over, i would do spherical joint endlinks

Sent from my huge ass SAMSUNG NOTE using tapatalk 2

fullboogie

Established Member
BMR. Good quality units and complete rebuilt kits (all poly bushings and steel sleeves) cost less than $30 from BMR.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Steve, I'll say this, the Bob's arms are sheer works of art. From the programming, the CNC work, surface treatment, etc, you've done well. The investment you made in educating yourself to be so proficient within your skillset is paying off in droves.

Ever consider doing your own rear cover along with a bell crank...aka a Bob's Watts?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Maximum Motorsports Xtreme Duty units since I don't want to have to replace/rebuild poly or delrin bushings nor have one fail on me as has happened to others. I haven't seen anyone publish and stand by torque numbers either (if they have, post'em up since I missed them so I don't short change someone). Maximum Motorsports XD units, with 3.73 gears, will take 1,116 ft lbs of torque; 3.55 = 1,171 ft lbs, 3.27 - 1,272 ft lbs.

I don't really care about how they look.

XD Rear Lower Control Arms, 2005+ Mustang [Mm5RLCA-53] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

Designed for high power applications and extreme use. Steel tube with high strength spherical rod ends. Includes new mounting bolts.

•Rated at 1,172 ft-lb of engine torque with the stock 3.55 gear ratio. See the chart below.
•Excellent for drag racing, yet also suitable for road racing and street applications.
•Improves traction by eliminating the deflection of the OEM rubber bushings and stamped steel control arm.
•Offset mounting design improves rear suspension geometry, reducing understeer.
•Includes new OEM Ford mounting bolts.
•Steel pivot bolt spacers are designed to provide proper support for the mounting bolts in high power applications.
•High strength spherical rod ends ensure precise axle location.
•Length preset to stock dimension for easy installation.
•Length adjustability allows squaring the axle to the chassis.
•Powdercoated black steel.
•Unlike more commonly used bushing materials such as hard urethane, Delrin, or steel, spherical bearings allow proper articulation of the rear suspension.
•While acceptable to most performance enthusiasts for street use, expect an increase in transmitted noise.

Last edited:

lawdude

Established Member
Steeda Billet. Why? Convenience. Since Steeda is local to me I bought 'em there and had 'em installed there. Oh, they work fine too.

filthymcnasty

Established Member
My vote goes for Bob's control arms. Unless you are a hardcore racer and have access to machines that measure chassis dynamics and are able to interpret that data, I don't think you will be able to tell much difference from one arm to another. That said, Bob's (in my opinion) has the looks, quality and price that were perfect for me.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm still a firm believer in Metco which is what I use on my solid axle 04 Cobra. They were our favorite company to deal with because we got treated like friends (which we became) and we never had a problem with them.

If you call them and tell them how you plan on driving the car or what you want out of it they'll set them up accordingly for your application. They'll stand behind their products as well.

Lower Control Arm Set, Lower Control Arm Sets: Metco Motorsports

1-864-332-5929 and just ask for Rick or Christy.:beer:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Steve, I'll say this, the Bob's arms are sheer works of art. From the programming, the CNC work, surface treatment, etc, you've done well. The investment you made in educating yourself to be so proficient within your skillset is paying off in droves.

Ever consider doing your own rear cover along with a bell crank...aka a Bob's Watts?

Thanks for the kind words as always sir!

I haven't thought about that until now! Lets talk! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread