Best low dust brake pad?

celticfdguy

Keepin Calm and Chivin On
Established Member
Hi All, I searched for recent posts about this but didn't find much. I have a 2010 GT500 and just ordered a set of italia drilled and slotted front rotors. That being said, I want to get ceramic pads so I can battle the dust from my OEM pads. I don't track my car or anything. Just drive around town on the weekends and hit local car shows. What is the best pad to go with? I know CMAX was the go to but they are out of stock. I was looking at this PowerStop Performance Brake Pads Z26-1001 - https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and...p-performance-brake-pads-z26-1001/1014871_0_0

Should I go with these or is there another cost effective low dust ceramic pad you'd recommend? Thanks !

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Check out this thread @celticfdguy

celticfdguy

Keepin Calm and Chivin On
Established Member
I saw that thread but didn't really see a clear cut answer on the pad to go with. Saw some folks talking about going with Z23 instead of Z26 because of squealing issues? Is the Z26 a good pad to go with?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw that thread but didn't really see a clear cut answer on the pad to go with. Saw some folks talking about going with Z23 instead of Z26 because of squealing issues? Is the Z26 a good pad to go with?
I have Wilwood Brakes and Pads. I dont have any experience with Z26's. So I really cant comment. Someone might chime in on the thread and might beable to give you a fair comment if they have them thou.

XP900

Established Member
There is someone asking the same on GT500 forum....look for it...

Here was my response and there were several others.

I had the Powerstop Z23 pads (I read the formulation was the same as their Z26 but used a different backing plate) and I yanked them off after about 300 miles. I didn't feel the car was stopping as fast as it should be. I switched back to the stock 2014 pads front and rear (my 2010 GT500 has the Ford Big Brake kit installed with the 6 piston Brembos up front) and I immediately felt better braking after just breaking them in. The factory ones also cover more of the rotor surface area in the front - I measured it and it uses at least 8mm (1/3 of an inch) more of the inner portion of the rotor. The FOMOCO back pads also seem to have slightly more contact area than the Powerstops.

I decided to just deal with the dust rather than give up braking performance by using the Powerstops.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Some "old" threads even mentioned Autozone Durlast "Gold" for a quality low-dust pad for daily driving...

I have a set of Baer "Eradi-Speed" 2-piece slotted/drilled performance rotors that I have been procrastinating on and I'm trying to find same type of pad like you.
But the manufacturer's tech-sheet [in my box] just says to avoid any "aggressive" pad.
But doesn't specify what is considered "aggressive"...

Last edited:

enormous

Established Member
^^ " Aggressive" means a track type pad. Street pads are not considered aggressive.

Note: I also run the Baer Eradi Speed rotors with the EBC Red ceramics I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread