Best looking wheels for laser red

Status
Not open for further replies.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I am the most indescisive person when it comes to wheels. I currently am running 17x9 oem cobra wheels up front with 17x11 cobra replicas in the back polished. I previously had the stock 98 wheels and also plasti dipped 17x8 oem cobra wheels with a dish wheel in back. I wanna know what everyone thinks is the best color and best looking wheel for this car? I kinda wanna stay with 17s but I think I would go to 18s if I found something I like.
Pics welcome!

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
When I first bought my car it had 18s that fit perfect and I ended up selling them after I bought the 17in FR500's I have now. And I honestly really regret buying them in 17in. I never realized how much of a difference it would make but every since I got them, people have been asking me if I raised my car up a little bit lol. I think you would really like a set of 18's. Americanmuscle has some awesome customer pics with chrome and black chrome fr500s

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
20120930_122841.jpg

IMG_20100905_164052.jpg

100_2438.jpg

DSCN0427.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

To give you an idea of the good old cobra rs look like...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Draglites...

Your set up is nice. Drag lites are nice butttttt I don't drag race much, car is my dd and it already gets enough attention and get people trying to street race me every day with my 2 mile commute to work and back. And driving on bigs and littles with how bad the streets are here would royally suck

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
20120930_122841.jpg

IMG_20100905_164052.jpg

100_2438.jpg

DSCN0427.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

To give you an idea of the good old cobra rs look like...

Never been a big fan man. Sorry I think it's the chrome, stance is nice but I think I like black or black chrome or polished type better

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Never been a big fan man. Sorry I think it's the chrome, stance is nice but I think I like black or black chrome or polished type better

No worries, that's what the car had on it when I bought it... Hopefully soon I can get a drag setup for it. Honestly I like the stock 98 wheels but want them in a wider wheel... They are currently in my mark viii.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
No worries, that's what the car had on it when I bought it... Hopefully soon I can get a drag setup for it. Honestly I like the stock 98 wheels but want them in a wider wheel... They are currently in my mark viii.

I like them too but you're right about being wider. And then of you get wider knock off ones the color won't match. And I'm picky as you can probably already tell lol

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I like them too but you're right about being wider. And then of you get wider knock off ones the color won't match. And I'm picky as you can probably already tell lol

I hear you there, im very picky about the cars... Unfortunately one of the 98 wheels was bent and I had to buy a new one and you can tell.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Well, lets be real for a second.

How much do you wanna spend?

If you want to know the best looking wheel, it's the CCW classics. But, at least for guys like me, I don't have 4k-5k on a wheel/tire package. And if I did, I'd put it into the engine.

So with that said, what's your price range? If you don't mind me asking... If you do no biggie and we will throw more suggestions your way.

Laser is such a good color, it hard not to go wrong.

But if it was me, and with what I think your goals are (DD, with a performance edge), I'd go chrome. I think it "pops" and sets the Laser off really nice.

But since I think Saleen's are just a touch overplayed, even though the do look like they should of come from the factory on these cars, I'd say steer a different direction.

Bottom line, in my opinion, if it was my car, I'd go with 18" 03 Cobra replicas. Get the closest off set to the factory 03 Cobra wheel, which is 6.12. It's literally the PERFECT offset. Sets them in the fender perfectly.

00_silvergt

Established Member
we have the same issue. i have 17'' chrome cobra r's but i want something different. but i have trouble picking out something better. i thought about getting 18s but dont want to spend the money on new wheels and tires for almost the same look. i have a black car though. the ccw wheels are awesome but like mentioned above are expensive. i rather spend that money elsewhere

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
I'm gonna say this right now. On the SN bodies, Cobra R's rock. Don't dismiss them.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Well, lets be real for a second.

How much do you wanna spend?

If you want to know the best looking wheel, it's the CCW classics. But, at least for guys like me, I don't have 4k-5k on a wheel/tire package. And if I did, I'd put it into the engine.

So with that said, what's your price range? If you don't mind me asking... If you do no biggie and we will throw more suggestions your way.

Laser is such a good color, it hard not to go wrong.

But if it was me, and with what I think your goals are (DD, with a performance edge), I'd go chrome. I think it "pops" and sets the Laser off really nice.

But since I think Saleen's are just a touch overplayed, even though the do look like they should of come from the factory on these cars, I'd say steer a different direction.

Bottom line, in my opinion, if it was my car, I'd go with 18" 03 Cobra replicas. Get the closest off set to the factory 03 Cobra wheel, which is 6.12. It's literally the PERFECT offset. Sets them in the fender perfectly.

I don't want ccws, like you said If I had 4 grand worth of tires on a 5k car.. That's a little much no matter how good they look. I do really like 18 03 cobra replicas but I want something different, and instead of going up an inch in size for the same wheel I would keep my 17s. Funny thing is I know one person in my town (and only one iVe seen) with fr500s for being so damn popular.

This is my problem, I think they all look good. Granted I want something you don't see on every mustang with still keeping it looking really subtle and nice

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Also I really like cobra R's.. But at the same time I would feel as I'm moving backwards cause I sold my stock wheels and I don't want that look again and in chrome their hideous IMO
A buddy of mine has black saleens he said he would trade me but the wheels aren't in the best shape and he has extremely dried up tires (only downfall out here in the desert)

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
This is how I've been driving around lmao
I literally couldn't stand driving around on sumitomos with no quad shocks and dumps (none of it would fit with the 17X11 cobra replicas. Worst tire ever anyway
Yes my paint is as bad as it looks
And I haven't got my damn Saleen spoiler back yet from the paint shop

9E1FCA93-3C50-43A2-9906-422EBD8F6084-7546-000005CA00AC9960.jpg

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
This is how I've been driving around lmao
I literally couldn't stand driving around on sumitomos with no quad shocks and dumps (none of it would fit with the 17X11 cobra replicas. Worst tire ever anyway
Yes my paint is as bad as it looks
And I haven't got my damn Saleen spoiler back yet from the paint shop

9E1FCA93-3C50-43A2-9906-422EBD8F6084-7546-000005CA00AC9960.jpg

This just reminds me why I don't like black wheels on a laser...

Ford1288

Established Member
Laser red is really hit or miss. I would stick with a silver rim, polished lip. FR500s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread