Best light weight battery for A DD?

Flcracker

Established Member
What lightweight batteries are you all using? I would love to take some weight off the nose. Anyone out there using the antigravity battery on their DD? How's it working out for you?

Flcracker

Established Member
Wow that's awesome! Could you guys actually feel any difference with that much weight being removed? Also I'm wondering if the antigravity battery will work with my set up? I have a VMP duel Fan heat exchanger and a TVS. How much weight did u save, and which anti-gravity battery do you have? Thank U Big Time!!

Last edited:

noldevin

Established Member
You probably won't feel the 10-20lbs you're saving. Weight savings are very much an "it all adds up" kind of thing.

Torchy

Established Member
What trays are you guys using to run these?

There's a fab guy that makes the hold downs for the smaller batteries for our cars. No drilling or cutting and uses stock tray with stock wedge. We added a floating heat shield on mine for down pipe heat:)

Op you'll want the YTX12-24

Still putting it back together in these

6D768271-F38B-4B3A-A712-EBB14CB0BA2B_zpszwqxzm8m.jpg

BE0DB95D-767B-429B-8FA3-798777B6AB1E_zpsg6gdc96y.jpg

05BBEECE-B2DB-4861-A026-97781C6FF5F5_zps6e8yyd4y.jpg

Last edited:

Flcracker

Established Member
You probably won't feel the 10-20lbs you're saving. Weight savings are very much an "it all adds up" kind of thing.

I think that the weight savings might be more substantial if I go with the YTX 12–24 Antigravity battery which only weighs 5 pounds.

Thank you Torchy!

Last edited:

Flcracker

Established Member
I have a BOSH battery which weighs 33 pounds, so I would be saving 28 pounds if I go with the antigravity battery. I'm thinking about doing the battery, removing the AC which I never use, and installing a lightweight radiator support.

Last edited:

Sizeth3

Established Member
I have a BOSH battery which weighs 33 pounds, so I would be saving 28 pounds if I go with the antigravity battery. I'm thinking about doing the battery, removing the AC which I never use, and installing a lightweight radiator support.

If you delete the swaybar with the lightweight radiator support, it shaves a ton of weight off.

Flcracker

Established Member
If you delete the swaybar with the lightweight radiator support, it shaves a ton of weight off.
I'm concerned that removing the swaybar will cause the front of the car to float again. When the TVS blower went on my car started to kind of float a bit at higher speeds, so I bought a beefier sway bar which solved the issue.

Sizeth3

Established Member
I'm concerned that removing the swaybar will cause the front of the car to float again. When the TVS blower went on my car started to kind of float a bit at higher speeds, so I bought a beefier sway bar which solved the issue.

Gotcha, probably so then.

Sizeth3

Established Member
There's a fab guy that makes the hold downs for the smaller batteries for our cars. No drilling or cutting and uses stock tray with stock wedge. We added a floating heat shield on mine for down pipe heat:)

Op you'll want the YTX12-24

Still putting it back together in these

6D768271-F38B-4B3A-A712-EBB14CB0BA2B_zpszwqxzm8m.jpg

BE0DB95D-767B-429B-8FA3-798777B6AB1E_zpsg6gdc96y.jpg

05BBEECE-B2DB-4861-A026-97781C6FF5F5_zps6e8yyd4y.jpg

Who sells that?

GBCoyote

Established Member
Yea I'd love to grab one of those trays and battery setups. I'd also like to get some info on those.

Users who are viewing this thread